C. D. Brown Token?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
There is one counter-stamped penny from the 1880s with this name, and his and other names as well have been seen on tokens ranging from the Civil War to T.O.C., but I cannot find this token among them.
C.%2BD.%2BBrown%2Btoken%2B027.JPG
C.%2BD.%2BBrown%2Btoken%2B026.JPG
C.%2BD.%2BBrown%2Btoken%2B028.JPG
Can anyone help, please? I'm looking for when it's from, where C. D. Brown did business, and what he did. There just isn't much to go on with such a simple token.

Nevadabottles

Reaction score
That's an awesome token, in Nevada I know if you find a token for a soda or whiskey they usually start at $50+. That is probably why I have never found one yet.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I am not sure what he did, but thanks for the compliment. As store tokens went out in the Civil War as illegal, it's likely for a soda-dealer, seller of liquors, store-dairy or pharmacist-- I would think. It could be something totally different like the following token. This one likely holds little value. It isn't one that looks like, say, this one in my collection (although this is insurance and real estate:)
Stroh%2BPaper-label%2B014.JPG
Stroh%2BPaper-label%2B013.JPG
On my own site, here's my write-up on it:"A nice circa-1912 - 1918 advertising coin from my city.
"It has a Native American in canoe reaching for his gun in the lake. "MUSKE-GONE" [Muskegon and musket gone? (Insurance against loss?)]
"The back reads: W.W. Barcus / Real Estate / Insurance / Lyman Block / "Barkis is Willin" [Notice name-error?] / Muskegon, Mich." With what little I know on tokens, I can't resist picking them up at pennies to a few dollars-- unless I know of the token already. Here's one that's really fascinating for the history pertaining to the company:
Graduation%2B065.JPG
Another write-up of mine:"When the Muskegon Traction & Lighting Co. increased their fare to ride the street cars from 6 cents to 7 in 1919, the people of my city rioted and burned all of Muskegon Trac. & Ltg. Co.'s barns and wrecked 13 of their street cars-- leaving us without public transportation for 2 weeks.
This token is early 1920s. "
9091892-large.jpg
One of our street-cars in 1919.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Well, I had responded, but it's gone. Thanks. Questions still remain, though....... When, where, what.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky