Utah farm finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

BenTheDigger

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies everybody! I'm almost sure that there not my great grandads now because there to modern to be his and there all different dairies even some from Arizona. Andy thanks for the info! What do you think I should start the listing at if I put them on eBay? Also thanks for the response LC. Dean I will definitely check out that website thanks for the information! Also is graphics a big factor in the price of a milk bottle, so if I have one milk bottle with a lot of graphics it is/could be worth more?
Thanks,
Ben

andy volkerts

Reaction score
As graphics and condition count for everything on milks, the fancier the better and condition is paramount, so the better ones I would start at 20.00 and the others at 5.00. I would also start with that milk bottle collectors site, there may be a way to post what you have there and thus get milk collectors directly involved. good luck on selling them.......Andy

Dcravosa

Reaction score
The NAMBC has a monthly newsletter (The Milk Route) that goes out to all members, and it has a buy/sell notice board in it. That is where you want to get. Several hundreds collectors review it every month.

hemihampton

Reaction score
I'd start them all at $9.99 on ebay & see what happens? Good Luck. LEON.

Utahbob

Reaction score
Ben, I just recently found this page on the internet. I am the curator of the West Jordan (Utah) Historical Museum. We have a display of Utah Dairies. I am preparing to released my book The Illustrated Guide to Utah Milk Bottles. I know it has been awhile since you posted about these bottles, but I was wondering. On the Cream O'Nebo bottle does it have a nursery rhyme on the back? Do you still have it? I found the owner of that dairy many years ago and interviewed him, so I have a story but only a photo of the bottle. The owner of Cream O'Nebo is the one who started the Town Pride Dairy in Spanish Fork. What is on the back side of the Houston's Jersey Milk Bottle. I have an embossed bottle from the Houston's Jersey but not a painted one. I'd love to get better photos if you still have the bottles. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks Utahbob Illustrated Guide to Utah Milk Bottles Cover flattened for book photo small.jpg

BenTheDigger

Reaction score
Hello UtahBob,
Sadly I sold the Cream o Nebo it on eBay without realizing it was a sought after bottle, i'm still kicking myself about that. The bottle does have a nursery rhyme on the back. If you send me your email I have high quality photos I can send you of the bottle. The Houston jersey milk says "Milk that satisfies". That bottle is still on my grandparents farm in Payson, as is the Town Pride Dairy I live in California so I dont have access to it currently. But I have a better quality picture I could also send you. Do you know what the rest of the bottles usually go for?
Ben

Utahbob

Reaction score
Ben, I am sorry that I did not see your reply to my inquiry on your bottles. Too bad on the Cream O Nebo. I actually have a story on that dairy as i interviewed one of the owners way back when he was also involved with the Town Pride dairy. I wonder if he is related to you? I also have the stories on the Rosehill, Arden and the Moss dairy. I just remembered I also have the story on the Houston Jersey Dairy.Other than the Houston Jersey the other bottles do not have a high value. $5 to $20. I would be willing to pay $50 to $100 depending on the condition. Please send me the photos. I have a friend who lives in Payson, Dennis and Jerri Davis. My email is bob@dalley.org

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora