I just bought a Oak Orchard Acid Springs dark green bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jet Coaster Fan

Reaction score
It has the words Oak Orchard Acid Springs on one side and Address G.W. Merchant Lockport N.Y on the other side. I got it for 15 dollars. It seems to be worth a whole lot more than 15 dollars. The neck seems to have a vertical seam that goes from the horozontal seam around the whole bottle that is just below the words. to just below the double beveled mouth. The mouth seems to be a separate piece that was mounted to the neck. The whole bottle seems to have a lot of whittling and a big bubble too.

Lordbud

Reaction score
Can we please assume everyone wants to see a picture whenever anyone posts a question, or a recent find, or a potential antique store purchase? Thanks to all.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd like to see a pic, sounds like a good one. LEON.

Jet Coaster Fan

Reaction score
Here is a pic.

Attachments

• 43b233d90c8242b0ada4866587ed5c84.jpg
    43b233d90c8242b0ada4866587ed5c84.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 72

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well I started a memo to send to you and the blank blank system quit quit working. You talked about two part neck seams, so I thought it might have been a three part molded bottle. So the text got elimoinated. Some water bottles made in this time frame were. Going back I seemed to see some dots on the low shoulder. This didn't happen often on a three part molded bottle. Something that did happen on them, was cold mold ripple in the dip mold part of the set0up. WEhat did happen was cold mold ripple in the glass thickness of that part oif the bottle. I couldn't see evidence of that glass in your picture The iron of a dip mold could not be chilled, because thet could not knock the chilling metal out of the casting, in the foundry. Was there lettering om the shoulder? I would love to study it. RED Matthews

Jet Coaster Fan

Reaction score
The lettering on the shoulder IS Oak Orchard Acid Springs Address G.W. Merchant Lockport N.Y. There is no other lettering.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu