3 From The Flea

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
After college today, I tried heading out to the flea market. Well, I took the wrong road and ended up having to turn around at a school I'd never seen before. LOL. After finding the flea around 12:30, much to my dismay I saw that they were all packing up-- they open at 6 am, but not many show till 7. They close at 3 pm, but most stalls are empty at 12? I don't get that, but I got these from one still-full stall with two men talking behind it.
YbQdBOmRsrV3WMgVlcG97lNiyOuXJLBlAbTyAOP5NFhJ=w1093-h719-no
a-4PLvJcfzU8-HcNkeRb-RJ-4-L_xZNFCQuswYpCoOOo=w1117-h707-no
The B in Oval is for Ohio Brass, circa 1907.Recall my Akron High-Potential wiring insulator found at the bottom of page 1 here and in page 2? This company is how I know that my dug-insulator is pre-1908: They took over Akron and marked everything with their markings in mid-1907. It's not much to look at, but having been made for only one year and having been dug by me, it's one of my favorites.
kB3jUukzZVKqO8SH2jrq-0vP7Lc2I4v1aTVMeUAor8nj=w666-h719-no
SoIgOjAj3k1cvINctqtlH8mm1uFwEAx_2Ytm1qGyT8HU=w567-h719-no
3iwMQhfuMn1BPJpJeJOyBZTbywc3HLyooKmYEwrjvrkA=w804-h719-no
Base-- notice sand(?) caught in glaze at top and chip on inner, bottom ring. Unneeded pic. LOCKE is hard to read under the chips(?) that cover it beneath the glaze dividing the insulator into two main tones. I'm guessing 1921 to 1948?I forgot to take a main-pic of it, and my second main-pic turned out terribly as seen here.
oRRh_6cUZJ1NOI0eKoQbFWRnbfAy8_2ZmdPoBUOFOn0t=w958-h719-no
^ What causes that? ^Does it say something below LOCKE?
3%2Bporcelain%2Binsulators%2B018.JPG
You can see the glaze is divided between shades. Base. Using my claw, I scraped some stuff off of the dome. Here is a mottled LOCKE / 44 / USA incused insulator. Is "44" 1944? It fits with the time-period.
hfedtd5-BLYoxaX4Rh9JWQnwY2iaxvLoQL7K4w8OuKpA=w615-h719-no
Base.Dome. Source of info. Better still, I paid only $4 for them. I intend to sell eventually (college money,) so is there any money to be made here?

botlguy

Reaction score
When I can find someone to actually buy this type I get $2.00 each. They are common and barely collectible in my experience but there are others who like them. The more mottled glazes and more attractive colors do much better. If someone were interested I would send about as many of this type, and prettier glazes, to anyone who wants them for the cost of mailing, insulators free. Sorry to be the bearer of sad tidings but I don't make the rules. Jim P.S. The 44 on the Locke is a model or style number. (I think)

nhpharm

Reaction score
I get about the same amount for these styles...$1-$2. On porcelain insulators, look for strange styles and vibrant/strange glazes...there are very few porcelain insulators that bring money...a fairly small number of collectors collect them and most focus either on glaze colors or the early multiparts. With that being said, some of the rare styles bring very good money...and some of the glazes are very pretty. For more information, you can visit the website http://www.r-infinity.com/

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu