Historical geometric flask find!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MuddyMO

Reaction score
Today at the antique store, found this beauty hiding between some crap. Almost missed it!

GVIII-2 in a beautiful grassy green

sandchip

Reaction score
Yeah, looks like there's not as much taper from top to bottom as usually seen, but if it's being held at an angle to the camera, parallax would account for that. Looks like a Keene piece at first glance. More pictures would help. Fingers crossed for you, 'cause what a great score this might be!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
You may want to check it in the repro section of McKearin/Wilson. I've seen a few of the repros bottles and they're good.

nhpharm

Reaction score
Fairly certain this is a reproduction-some additional photos would help. The GVIII-2's were reproduced many years ago and they were very well done. I believe McKearin/Wilson tells the story. This exact color is one I have seen several of the reproductions done in.

nhpharm

Reaction score
Fairly certain this is a reproduction-some additional photos would help. The GVIII-2's were reproduced many years ago and they were very well done. I believe McKearin/Wilson tells the story. This exact color is one I have seen several of the reproductions done in.

MuddyMO

Reaction score
I'm curious why the assumption on it being a repro (honestly curious)? It's held at an angle in the pic, yes, but the flask is there and details, and mold shape is just as a GVIII-2 has. There is a sticky glass pontil scar (with minor pontil scar bruise), the bottom mold seam is there, and there is some base wear, and high point wear on the motif and bands. The color is one of the known colors it appears in. Weighs just about two pounds. It was compared against a Heckler listing, in which it is nearly identical in all aspects. Marlboro Glass Works, Keene NH is apparently where it was made.

The repros I compared against are not the same, and has a wet glass look. Not one repro I found comes in this known color, and they seem quite different and discernable from real ones. I searched and ensured that this flask was the real for seemingly hour's.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp