Is This Some Sort of Industrial Token?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
It says, " [asterisk] N. S.[?] ___ ___ ___ [asterisk] / PLU____/ PLOUGH L[?]ASHING[(S)] / & SLEIGHS / SHOES / [Pic of plough] / MILL GEARING[(S)] / POTASH KETTLES[(S)] / & CAULDRONS/ TROY AIR F[(U)]_____" on one side. On the other: "[asterisk] M____ ____ ____ ___ / [?] / SCREWS / FOR PAPER / [image of some kind of threaded device, likely some kind of screw] / OIL & CIDER / MILLS, & C. / [asterisk] [Looks like a mini version of a Busted Liberty-like person on the early 1800s half-dollar] [asterisk] / TURNING & BO[R/B]ING[(s)]. [(asterisk.)] Anyone know where, when, and what it's from?
Rhoda%2BBeing%2BCute%2B038.JPG
Plough. ^
Rhoda%2BBeing%2BCute%2B039.JPG
Screw??^One more pic.

logueb

Reaction score
Tried to find some info on the token. Is there any way to make out the top of the token? I'm fairly sure the bottom should read "Troy Air Furnace" Found this....the builders of the first foundry in the city, the Troy Air Furnace, in 1818 Hope this helps. Buster

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I'd need a special machine (name of it forgotten) that could make it out-- something not likely in my town or affordability. lol. Thanks for the info, Buster. :)

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I think it's a token, not fob, but it's the size of a silver Ben Franklin half-dollar and a bit lighter.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Quite a nice token, but the front is not the same. Looks like there is a chance that one could make a collection of variants from this company. Thanks, Eric.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
That answers it, thanks!It appears to be pretty old, but also a common version maybe? His system is a bit confusing to me.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Nope, else you'd have to suffer through a big story over it. LOL. Bought finds I don't do much coverage on. Info on this one was conflicting and from second-/third-hand sources, so I threw it up on here. Picked this one up with it:
jGCqEknthggAkbb_lYXaY2gFeNH0uK5Gv2bY00KDG4w8=w975-h719-no
1EUoL-un46LYKmQEbq8nzFRIkj430_4kzI35YTofDBI_=w920-h719-no
Early 1900s piece. ^ I have a story to soon tell, though.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp