CD 152 in Green with Amber Swirls, and a Lapp 1930 Porcelain.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
A nice telegraph insulator from Hemingray that I today picked up. CD 152 with sharp drip-points.
Shelby%2BDruggist%2B030.JPG
Shelby%2BDruggist%2B035.JPG
Shelby%2BDruggist%2B033.JPG
Shelby%2BDruggist%2B032.JPG
Shelby%2BDruggist%2B023.JPG
2 No. 40's with a Brookfield. Just a show of colors. Lapp was around from the 1910s to 1980s, if I recall:
Shelby%2BDruggist%2B025.JPG
Shelby%2BDruggist%2B028.JPG
A nice porcelain saddle-groove piece I can likely get a buck off of. Skirt.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I posted that one before, and you commented on it. I have it up as color comparison. Here is the link to it, a CD 162.1 Brookfield.

CreekWalker

Reaction score
Good color, wow! Are those associated with a Michigan Rail line, locally near you, or is it unique. Very pretty apple green. The porcelain insulator remains me on Texas chili!

teamballsout

Reaction score
Beautyful color bear looks close to a 7UP or Mountian dew green? with amber swirls and do i see a light blu in there as well. Would be a for sure on my back bar i sure do like it!
Jason

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Creek Walker, I bought it for $4, and the railroad here updated its insulators in the '50s and '60s to Hemingray-42's and smaller clear insulators. So I'm not really sure. I know that we used Patent May 2nd types before then, for I do find their shards. But everything is always in aqua. It's my 2nd-favorite piece in my collection now.The porcelain I liked and picked it up. Jason, I'm not really sure what to call it. The amber taints the green, which might be 7-Up, to olive-like with, of course, amber. The blue you see may be, if it's this insulator you're speaking of, a product of the light filtering through weak spots in color, may be a product of my camera messing with things, or may be your screen. I'll try to get better pics soon.

CreekWalker

Reaction score
It amazes me, that a common item, such as the green insulator is found in a unique color, with nary an explanation to it's origin! In pocket knife collecting , a standardized pattern that is factory modified, to a unique configuration , was called a lunch box knife, purposely built by a blade smith or cutler, to his/her own specification , and taken home clandestinely , because the next person down the assembly line, was quality control for the finished product. So did a glass blower or bottle machine operator, decide to have a little fun , melt a odd color glass , and create a one of a kind piece, to show his kids, or put on the shelf as a whimsy. So what is it really?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac