DIGGING IN NEW SOUTH WALES

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

TROG

Reaction score
Just got back from a weeks digging at Broken Hill 400 miles away with my brother and a friend.
Did not get anything exiting but as this is basically the only dump we have to dig we treat these trips as a holiday and anything we find is a bonus as this site has been hammered for 35 years but there is still small amounts to be found. Plenty of wildlife around the dump site and always saw Emus in the morning and in the late afternoon the Kangaroos came out of the hills to feed on the flats which are the only green patches.We were lucky that the week before we went up there was 2 inches of rain (only had 2 inches for the previous 6 months there) and we were able to probe some trenches that had been dug for sewerage disposal. These were about 4 feet wide x 4 feet deep with about a foot of ash,dried poo and a few bottles covered with 3 feet of clay.The majority of the bottles came from the main dump area which dates from around 1890 to 1920
[/align] [/align]
tripdumppit-1.jpg

tripdumppeter-1.jpg

bhdig.jpg

bhill.jpg

emu1.jpg

emu2.jpg

kang.jpg

TROG

Reaction score
Lots of hard work / 3 of us digging 8 hours a day for seven days. Still a bit to get at the Broken Hill dump as it is up to 15 foot deep and will never be fully dug out but nothing to be found around Silverton.

capsoda

Reaction score
Looks like you dug quite a stash there. Man my wife would want to bring all those kritters home. Got her some emus but said no to the Joey.

aussiebottlo

Reaction score
You got some nice bottles there, I dug there in the seventiesand would like to have another go but I hear that you have to pay a fee to get in and the gates are locked. How did you get in contact with them to get in?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky