Clearing Out Some Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Clearing house as I need gas money and would like to specialize my collection better for Michigan bottles and various early milks (I'd never wanted to get into milks. Now I'm into milks. Go figure.) Ask for better pics or further elaboration (all details, condition, maybe history if I have it, etc.) if desired. PM if you want to make an offer. Shipping will be from Michigan, zip-code 49441 if you wanna try and price that. All bottles likely highlighted white, even if these old pics show gold (washed off) or non-highlighted. By State A-Z: Connecticut: The Connecticut Breweries ABM blob, Bridgeport. Georgia:NuGrape ACL from Atlanta. Illinois:Manhattan Brewing Co. blob from Chicago.Wacker and Birk Brewing Co. blob from Chicago. Michigan: Michell's Hutch from Detroit.Pffeifer's Famous Beer '47 paper label from Detroit. Ionia Beverages ACL from Ionia. City Bottling Works Hutch from Kalamazoo. G. R. C. S.-H. milk bottle from Grand Rapids.Ashley's Dairy Co. of Battle Creek.Muskegon Brewing Co. crown-tops, tooled and ABM, from Muskegon. Coca-Cola and Squirts, 1940s-1950s, embossed or ACL from Muskegon. Minnesota: Drewry & Sons Hutch from St. Paul. New York:Adolph Spiehler, tooled perfume bottle from Rochester. Texas: Coca-Cola hobbleskirt from Sulphur Springs. Washington:Husky Beverages, ABM ACL. Wisconsin:Supreme Bottling Co. Hutch from Waukesha. No City:Like, a product of Seven-Up, ACL.Perfume.12-OZ Hobbleskirt.

2find4me

Reaction score
Could you post a pic of the Coca Cola from TX? Thanks

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
If you still want, I'll have pics tomorrow.It's a later-period hobbleskirt Coke, I'm afraid. The Trade-Mark Registered U. S. Patent Office with "56-6" beneath the info on it (1956?) The base says "SULPHUR SPRINGS / L-G / TEXAS" I dug it here in Muskegon, and it's very clean. Back in the day, it was popular for kids to try and get a Coke from as far away as possible. I'm assuming this kid, as the household dump I dug it from tells me that there was a boy and girl, had won that show for the week among his friends. I think I dug two but cannot find the other?

hemihampton

Reaction score
How much do you want for the Manhattan Chicago bottle? I'm Interested. PM or e-mail me. LEON.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Leon:
Manhattan%2BBlob%2B043.JPG
Back.Frontal embossing.Back embossing.Base and more accurate representation of color. Chip (and bubble and rust) on side, likely from bail. Chip on lip, likely from stopper (also on same side.)Side showing some staining and wear. Link to old thread on it.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu