Looking for New Hampshire digging partner

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Mikyfin

Reaction score
Looking for New Hampshire digging partner. I'm located in lakes region and have never dug in NH. I have been digging in old mine dumps for the past 5 years in search of minerals. Time to bet back into bottles.

nhpharm

Reaction score
I dig up in New Hampshire a few times a year and would be happy to drag you along, though I don't have any spots in my back pocket so will be walking the stone walls. Will likely be spring at the earliest before I get back up there though. I know there are a few guys that are digging in NH...you might touch base with Blackglass on the forum as I know he pokes around a bit and is in central NH. The Lakes Region is a great area for some fantastic digging if you know the spots (which I don't) as well as some good areas for diving for bottles. The old mines had dumps as well...I've seen some good bottles come out of the mica mines in New Hampshire.

Mikyfin

Reaction score
Sounds great. I dig at a mica mine in Groton and found a newer dump of bottles by mistake. Nothing great but I know this mine was in operation from mid 1800's so there is a Honey hole somewhere there. I will try and reach out to blackglass also. Thanks

nhpharm

Reaction score
Palermo? Rice? Fletcher? Valencia? I spent a lot of time in Groton as a kid. Talk about a town that was heavily dug before I ever got there...but still I have found a few dumps there over the years.

Mikyfin

Reaction score
Valencia but I have dug at all of them. As far as minerals go I am still pulling good stuff out. Have to go deep. For digging at the mines its a norm for me to go 6+ feet deep to hit the old layers.. Most that dig now just scratch the surface. I know I will have to adjust for digging bottles again. There a little bit more fragile than rocks..

nhpharm

Reaction score
Heading out to the Rice mine (if you can find your way out there these days after all the logging), there are several house sites that have great potential. I poked around as a kid and found a lot of early glass out there in a few locations...of course mostly broken. Still have a pontiled ink bottle that I found out there as a kid.

Mikyfin

Reaction score
Nice, some guy bought up all the land around Palermo and including the rice mine. He seems to be fine with people poking around as long as you respect the land. At first he posted the whole thing as no trespassing and locals did not take kindly to that and I guess he clarified his intent and opened it back up to limited access.

Synna

Reaction score
Looking for New Hampshire digging partner. I'm located in lakes region and have never dug in NH. I have been digging in old mine dumps for the past 5 years in search of minerals. Time to bet back into bottles.
I know this post is nearing 10 years old but if you're still here, I moved here recently and am always happy to dig. I've also got a couple of kayaks and am psyched to do some digging along the riverbanks that would otherwise be hard to get to on foot.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis