4 for 1 Local Milks

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I continue to do work for a man, and he told me I'd get a Peerless Creamery bottle from the 1910s (B for Butler glass?). So I came by, expecting to pick up the scarcer milk from my town, and did some more work.Then, when in his basement to carry up 4 boxes (he's going to the Detroit show,) I saw 8 boxes laying on the floor of his massive bottle room.
Peerless%2BCreamery%2B001.JPG
Of the 8 boxes, 4 were full of half-pint milks. "Pick 3 or 4," he told me as he pulled out the Peerless that also turns out to have a delightful characteristic of a damaged plate-mold.As I squatted down to start pulling each bottle out in shocked excitement, we maintained dialogue.I pull out and put into the 'potential candidates' pile about 7 milks. The Peerless Creamery from the 1910s, founded by what was basically an indentured servant at one point, being the for sure one.In the end, I was only gonna take three and was about to put back the 1946 but sadly cracked one that says Muskegon Milk Bottle Exchange when he said, "Take that one too." So, I came out also with the very desired (by me as I collect bear paraphernalia) Bear Creek Dairy from the '20s or '30s (It even has an R on the base for my first name) and what I think Peerless became by 1920: Muskegon Dairy Co.
Peerless%2BCreamery%2B014.JPG
Peerless%2BCreamery%2B017.JPG
Peerless%2BCreamery%2B012.JPG
Peerless%2BCreamery%2B013.JPG
There were a few Bear Creek variants, but I picked this one because REGISTERED is embossed twice on it, one above the other.They had these thrown on: The first, Fruitland Star Dairy, is from Grand Rapids. The second, Emmons Dairy saying Green Spot Orange Drink, is from Big Rapids-- both Michigan.
Peerless%2BCreamery%2B021.JPG
When did they end Tuberculin testing?
Peerless%2BCreamery%2B020.JPG
Interesting orange drink. Small phone number, too. Backs.

CreekWalker

Reaction score
You can't beat those little half pints, with slug plates and three digit phone numbers! Those are great!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu