Have any of you Candian collectors seen this mark?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mctaggart67

Reaction score
Here's a RIGO poison bottle base showing the connection to Dominion Glass.

Attachments

• f947d82df7b940318bae974b14b4dd2a.jpg
    f947d82df7b940318bae974b14b4dd2a.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 109

teamballsout

Reaction score
I will also say as a newer canadian collector that is more info and some of the best i have seen on that companie. Thanks for taking the amout of time it must have took to research all of that.
jason

mctaggart67

Reaction score
Thanks so much, everyone. It let's me know that the research is worthwhile.

DavidW

Reaction score
Thanks a ton to both of you for your posts and info on those Canadian marks. (I didn't already know anything about the earlier incarnation--- Richards Glass Co. I was only slightly aware of the more modern marks used by Richards Packaging and did list them along with a picture of the weird "R" mark, and I had been told all of their recent bottles were being made in Taiwan and later China).After Eric wrote to me asking about those marks,(RIGO and R.G.CO.T with diamond) it had been nagging me a little bit, in the back of my mind, if the earlier Richards company had "subcontracted" out their actual glass manufacturing to some unnamed yet well-known glass company(s) in Canada, so this does confirm my suspicions. I will eventually add a bit more info on my website, and list the RIGO and "R.G.CO. T." marks and note they were "actually" made by Dominion. (What does the "T" in the lower right corner signify??). David Whittenhttp://www.glassbottlemarks.com

DavidW

Reaction score
Glen and Eric,Any ideas/guesses on the most likely date range for bottles with the "RIGO" mark? I wrote "1920s or 1930s" on my site but I realized it may be inaccurate (too late?) and will be happy to edit it with more precise info!Thanks, David

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
The ad was from 1914, maybe 13 and both marks were on it and the company appears to have started in 1912. I'd start there and leave it open ended for now. Glen may have more later.I already did my writeup of your pages in my .doc so I have to go see what you came up with now.I'm glad this worked out for you.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky