Blue bottle identification

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I did a little looking on him and he died in 1879, a bit early in my opinion. There were some New Jersey Yards I haven't looked at, one a druggist. FROM 1917 page 88[attachment=Clipboard07.jpg]

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Yeah you're right, that is too early. And I am by no means 100% sure on it being Yard, heck I'm not even 50% sure on it being yard, that's just the first name I've been able to come up with that seems believable and fits perfectly into the space on the bottle. Those last four letters are so messed up though, it's impossible to be certain about any of them.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Could be FORD as well. Or, heck, maybe he's Scandinavian and it's TORD. I think the first letter of the second word is F/P/T/V/Y and the second letter could really be any vowel, although I is pretty unlikely. RD seems pretty likely for the last two letters. I'm pretty sure the first word is ---A-NS. That leaves possible letters between A and N as E/H/I/R/U/W/Y with a slight possibility of G/L/M/O/. The shape of the spot, however, makes E/H/U/W/Y very unlikely. Since it's a lot wider than an I, R seems the most likely option. That leaves us with ---ARNS. I found an obscure Irish name that fits - O'Tearns. But it's really rare. I just thought of something though. What if that O/C/G is actually an S? An S is a pretty round letter. Stearns, Yard & Co. seems like a pretty believable name. Or Stearns, Ford & Co. Neither come up in Google searches but the more I think about it the more likely this seems. There was a big company in Detroit called Frederick Stearns & Co. It could be related to that, or a completely different Stearns. There were a lot of them.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Yeah it's not easy to see these letters, I've only been able to figure out what some of them might be by blowing it up to an enourmous size in Photoshop and looking at the shape of the edges of them and ruling out what they can't be. From the Imgur pictures I was only really able to see the A.

jarhead67

Reaction score
Flip the bottle over and try reading it opposing the NEW YORK. Just a thought and another way of trying to look at it.

Digswithstick

Reaction score
asset.jpegNot sure if Larimore was in New York, but bottle looks similar, Rick :)

hemihampton

Reaction score
Pic is only 2.6 kb, you need to make it much bigger like 150 kb. LEON.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora