Blue bottle identification

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
I have this bottle that is appears to be marked with New York. I cannot make out the top line. Can anyone identify the company on the top line? And / or have any information about it? It is deep blue, rectangular with beveled edges.
iLoikaL.jpg

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
The mold might have been worked over to obliterate old embossing, such as with the lighthouse-shaped bitters when Skilton-Foote got them.Or, the mold was not cut deeply, and it was old/worn, so the embossing never formed well at all.Maybe venting failure?

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
It looks like a Granular Citrate of Magnesia, but I'm almost positive it isn't. At least not a British one. It certainly looks like it used to say New York before the embossing in the mold was removed. Is there anything on the other side? It almost looks like there was an ampersand after the first line, but I've never heard of a bottle embossed only with cities. Also, would you be able to post some more pictures at a different angle?

Lordbud

Reaction score
I copied the pic and turned it sideways. The second pinged out line definitely was "New York". There is too much glare/reflection to make out the top pinged out line.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Here it is, pic a little modified, turned too as LordBud suggested:
Cobalt%2Bthing.jpg
I'd say the mold was hammered out/filled in, hence why we cannot read it. Look at the N in New York on the second line (first letter.) It's a total square.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Another Pic? LEON.

Attachments

• ff93bbd3125647a2ba3efadf47fa0c58.jpg
    ff93bbd3125647a2ba3efadf47fa0c58.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 209

2find4me

Reaction score
Granular Citrate of Magnesia is too long to fit on the first line, the second line says New York for sure. Who else sees the monogram on the bottom/right side of the panel? Grab a pencil and sheet of paper and maybe try to sketch over the out line of the embossing or "debossing". Do I see the "&" symbol?Just a thought -> Link

andy volkerts

Reaction score
I see an A in the first word and maybe 2 rs and an a in the second word, still haven't figured it out, but would think a med or hair products bottle.......

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora