Senior Member Bottle Master andy volkerts's Avatar

49er club bottle show

The 49er bottle club is having its 50th bottle show and sale in Roseville California, on the weekend of dec 4-6 Friday and Saturday only, at the county fairgrounds on all America city boulevard, follow the signs to the parking lot.........

Senior Member Bottle Master Robby Raccoon's Avatar

Re: 49er club bottle show

49ers finally hit 50. LOL. *Enjoys my very bad joke.*

Senior Member Bottle Master

I was there last year and it was a good show, probably won't go this year.

Support your local shows! Sadly only one show in the entire state of Texas...but I always make a point to go and support it.

Senior Member Bottle Master cowseatmaize's Avatar

Geese Brandon, New England would fit in Texas and we got 6 anyway. Maybe you should start one.

How was the show?

Pretty Good, But not as busy as last year and COLD in the building. There were a lot of sellers and some pretty pricey bottles were sold, I know of a Chalmers Catawba Wine Bitters aqua and pristine that sold for 20 K just a few tables down from mine. The people were friendly , and we had several food trucks this year, so nobody went hungry..I cleared about 500.00 in sales this year and the bottles sold were commons. I have already sold the good ones in past shows .You didn't miss a lot though John, I didn't see any rare Nevada bottles.....Andy

Wish I could have gone but I had wrestling. Last year I got brekanhamph soda in good condition for $100 and picked up some nice meds for pretty cheap. I remember seeing a $58,000 bitters there and a Tahoe blob repaired. I also picked up some California blobs and some hutches from all over. The blobs were fairly cheap and the hutches were a good deal too.

John, The 58 K Bryants cone bitters was here this year also, it was from the same dealer who sold the Chalmers Catawba bitters, dealer was from New York......Andy

The dealer from NY was "ttracing" on ebay who was originally from Cally. Hence all his rare "way too high" opening bids on his ebay offerings. Sorry I wasn't able to attend the Roseville show. Bottles were way more affordable back in the day, even though I had lower salaried job. Prices have gone through the roof for bottles that 30 years ago were quite affordable.