stretched or not..7up

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
goodman1966 / Mitch Thanks for the additional pics - I'm seeing Owens-Illinois 1962 Whether they were molded that way or "stretched" afterwards is the $64 question. I'm leaning towards "molded" ???

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
P.S. The numbers strike me as compatible with the amount of syrup for 6 Oz, 10 Oz, 12 Oz bottles. ???

squirtbob

Reaction score
Here is a Squirt syrup throw that belongs to a friend of mine. It was made at the Owens-Illinois plant in Streator, IL in 1941.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Wow! Fantastico! [:)] Did you know that the word "Graduate" means "Test Tube / Test Vile" ?

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Upright ... [attachment=Squirt Syrup Test ...rtbob Dec 2015.jpg]

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
If I understand the term "Throw" correctly, it refers to the amount of syrup dispensed from a filling machine. Based on the marks on the other examples we've seen, it appears the line on the Squirt bottle is near three ounces. And if I'm not mistaken, the only size of bottle that Squirt was using in 1941 was seven ounces. I'm not certain how much syrup went into seven ounces of Squirt, but if the test bottle line is near three ounces, that seems like a lot of syrup to me. But to be fair and open minded, the term "Graduate" also relates to measuring, as in 'test cylinder graduate used for measuring a liquid.' Hey, squirtbob - howz about conducting a little experiment and see how much liquid the bottle holds when filled to the line. If you fill it to the line and then pour that amount into a measuring cup it should tell you how many ounces it is.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum