Post your jewels!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MuddyMO

Reaction score
So, being an insulator collector on a bottle forum, it's pretty hit and miss to see something new or stunning. Not that everyone's insulators aren't their own jewels, but the best ones seem to fade from the forum in time. There's another more concentrated venue for insulators, but it is fun to come to one site and see great bottles, and see some cool insulator finds. For a short stint, I posted some oddball and colorful pieces to liven up the Insulators section. I know all of you have something stunning to share! I propose this thread to share some of your 'top jewels of the lines'.You don't need to have a Pluto or Boston Bottle Works pieces (ackhem!) to post it to here! But if you do, that'd be awesome, too! I'll start her off: Hemingray/Made in U.S.A. - No. 19CD 162 [220] [style="background-color: #ffff00;"]Mustard Yellow [/style]w/ milk swirls

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Well, my "top jewels of the line" are either not valuable or I have no idea their value since no one told me and none were identical to mine that sold on auctions I can look at price sold of... So, here we go:
Bob%2BNorth%2BFirst%2BEditions%2B004.JPG
Bob%2BNorth%2BFirst%2BEditions%2B017.JPG
Bob%2BNorth%2BFirst%2BEditions%2B012.JPG
CD 152 deep-green Hemingray with amber swirls (turned it olive) throughout. More here.CD 162.1 sprucey double-embossed Brookfield (glass slid in mold.) More here.CD 287 icy-aqua Fred Locke No. 135 with amber in it. More here.U-244 mottled Macomb porcelain. More here. (Only one I know a value on.) And there we are-- unless we count my wiring cleat, which may be the only one known.It's made between October (likely November) of 1906 and July of 1907 by Akron High-Potential Co.-- the cut-off date is when all their products began to be marked with OB. More on it somewhere in here...

botlguy

Reaction score
I do not currently have any good pictures of my favorite or most attractive insulators as I have changed my entire approach to insulator collecting. It has been very overcast / snowing for several days so I have limited photographic opportunities. I will try to get something up, I like the thread. Bear, your pix indicate that some of your insulators are quite misshapen. Is that the fact or is it the way they are photographed? If misshapen that will increase their collectible value. Perhaps a separate thread is in order so that we can resolve these issues for you. I would be happy to assist. Jim

nammlif

Reaction score
Here are a few of my jewel's...All lightning rod insulators....None of these are much over 2" - 3" tall, but are some of my favorites....

MuddyMO

Reaction score
cowseatmaize said:
I couldn't post my jewels, it wouldn't be appropriate for the forum.

If your shy, you could use a Photoshop editor to make them appear LARGER.

Lol

MuddyMO

Reaction score
nammlif said:
Here are a few of my jewel's...All lightning rod insulators....

That's a nice Otis, and a Spratt at the end?

nammlif

Reaction score
Thanks MuddyMo...That is a Hickock on the right...I have quite a few lri's, but these are my favorites...

MuddyMO

Reaction score
The olive Hemi 40 is one of my favorites. It's such a regal shape, and the Hemingray examples have a slight mark of perfection compared to Brookfield's. The olive tones just make them even more appealing!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi