So this is were all the "Hardcore" diggers are !!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Ace

Reaction score
It has been years since I've posted anything about digging. I still dig like a mother trucker.... hope everyone is digging safe, no tunneling everyone!...This spring I was digging a 1812 homestead. I found what I thought was privy or trash pit. So I stand in the dip in the ground and dig down! Remember I was by myself and no cell in the middle of the Bush. So the second time shovel hits the ground I hear a noise I've never heard digging?? I stop for a second it's dead quiet. I start again, the very next shovel, my shovel disappears between my feet and the top of the old well opens up, I lost my shovel and just jumped off! It scared the shit outta me, I could still be down there!!! Heads up everyone when you dig those dips in the ground, that sound I could hear was everything landing in water under my feet!!! Be safe everyone ☺

mtfdfire22

Reaction score
This is not the first time I've heard this. One of my partners tells me a horror story of this from Time to time just to remind me. His was covered with a thin sheet of tin and had 3 foot of dirt on it. Luckily no one got hurt in either of these cases.

Ace

Reaction score
This one had logs and dirt, the logs were long gone. I use to live for dips in the ground, but now I'm nervous as hell lol And what really sums I still haven't found the privy, got a couple trash pits though.

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Scary chit!! I learned a long time ago not to trust appearances when digging in the ground, you never know what you will uncover! I have seen guys digging under roadways, buildings, and tunneling and a lot of other just plain stupid places without a thought in their head that where they are could kill them or injure them severely, be safe!! think first, dig second

sandchip

Reaction score
You know, this gets me to thinking. A friend in the tree business gave me a nice safety harness. I believe I'm gonna start tying off with a couple of feet of slack, adding a little as I get deeper. Too old to be gittin' broke up an' all. Glad you're okay, Ace.

Ace

Reaction score
This is not the first time I've heard this. One of my partners tells me a horror story of this from Time to time just to remind me. His was covered with a thin sheet of tin and had 3 foot of dirt on it. Luckily no one got hurt in either of these cases.

I have a crazier digging story then what happened to me in the spring! Maybe one day I'll post it, it still makes me shake!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown