Trap/Sporting Clays/Skeet

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sandchip

Reaction score
Hats off to anybody that can hit stuff on the fly, man. Never had the knack. I used to be pretty good with a rifle, but now I can't focus front sight, so you know what that means. That leaves me with using a scope when shooting a rifle, and point and shoot in close-quarters self-defense (which I hope I never have to use). Not to get political, but if you own a gun, join the NRA. The numbers count more now than ever, and if you think the threat of terrorist attacks are bad now, strip us of the 2nd Amendment.

Last edited:

Bass Assassin

Reaction score
My brothers and dad and a few others meet up about once a month and make a day of sporting clays. We have a home-made course set up with a scoreboard and everything. Good clean fun and very addictive I might add. Most of us are members of the NRA. I get frustrated when I hear about politicians wanting to take away firearms. I good type a post 10 pages long on that subject but I'll refrain from that. I was just curious if there were any competitive shooters on this site.

sandchip

Reaction score
Are you familiar with a Todd Simmons by any chance?

andy volkerts

Reaction score
I shoot pistol range 22 cal iron targets at 25-50 yrds using a 6 inch Ruger automatic target pistol. Great fun, and if a terrorist was to come around, he would be sh-- out of luck. The only way these guys can be stopped is if someone in the crowd has a gun and can shoot straight. Which is one of the things the NRA can teach people, along with firearm safety and care.

sandchip

Reaction score
He's from middle Georgia and one of the top skeet/trap competitors. I've known him all my life and thought you may have heard of him.

Bass Assassin

Reaction score
Sorry, I haven't heard of him. Don't really keep up with a lot of that national competition. But, a guy that grew up a mile or 2 from me, named Caleb Coody, is a national champion at some level. He comes out to shoot with us every now and then. It is a thrill to watch him shoot.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac