7up BOTTLES ~ OUTSIDE THE BOX

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
I've come up with some crazy stuff before but this one is likely to be the craziest of them all. So please keep this confession in mind during the course of this thread as I openly admit this is pretty far fetched. But then again, maybe not. Maybe I've discovered something that has been right in front of our eyes for years but we just never noticed it before. For starters, study these three 7up bottles closely and I will be back shortly with the crazy part ...

7up Glass Bottle Amber Paper Label (2).jpg

7up Glass Bottle Amber (2).jpg

7up Glass Bottle Bottle.jpg

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
While you're at it, please study this 7up paper label as well ...

7up GLASS PAPER LABEL.jpg

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Now study this close up of the 7 ounce green acl and notice where I added an arrow and printed ...

1. Lip
2. Rounded

A. By 'Lip' I am referring to the portion of the white part that extends or hangs over.
B. By 'Rounded' I am referring to the portion of the white part that curves inward toward the bottom of the label.

7up GLASS BOTTLE (2).jpg

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
And now for the crazy part!

Is it even remotely possible that the white portion of the label was intended to represent this ...

7up Glass Paper (2).jpg

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Crazy - Right?

Maybe not!

Something tells me that whoever designed the label had a specific reason for including the overhanging lip and the rounded part that curves in.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Notice that the paper label bottle I posted has two overhanging designs on it that might be described as 'search lights'

Notice that the paper label I posted by itself has three overhanging designs on it that might be described as 'search lights'

But notice that on neither one of the paper labels does it have the overhanging lip, nor does the lower part curve in - they are both vertically straight

What I'm calling the 'Champagne Glass' label only occurs on the acl painted label bottles. Why?

iggyworf

Reaction score
And now for the crazy part!

Is it even remotely possible that the white portion of the label was intended to represent this ...

View attachment 167931

Yeah Bob, that sounds crazy alright. But it could be true. Who came up with that ACL design? That would be the next question. And probably a very hard one to figure out.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Which brings us to this 7up knockoff ...

Hmm, I find it interesting that the swimsuit girl just happens to be holding a champagne glass

Lemon-Up

Lemon Up Paper Label.jpg

Lemon Up Bottle Cap.png

Lemon Up Bottle Detroit.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi