Black Elephant Saloon picnic flask from Texas

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
Here are acouple of my Texas whiskey bottles!

Llano - Iron Front Saloon.jpg2012-04-25_10-40-23_200.jpgJefferson - W. J. Sedberry.jpgPicture.jpg
The Black Elephant, Iron Front & the Sedberry flasks are my rarest bottles. I have 28 Texas whiskey/saloon bottles, 40 Texas pre pro shot glasses and 10 Texas corkscrews. I've been collecting since I got out of the Marine Corps in 1998.

Reaction score
nhpharm,
You listed some good bottles, unfortunately I have those bottles. I know a couple of collectors that might be interested in them. Galveston--Cook.jpg

nhpharm

Reaction score
We dig the smaller Sweet Revenge bottles from time to time but not the larger size...nice pair! The B.A. Cook bottles (the Sweet Revenge and Brookhill bottles) all come out of circa 1910-1915 holes.

Privyprowlerz

Reaction score
that is an awesome pumpkinseed. you are in a great collecting category. very cool.

wish you lots of luck filling in the blank spots.

Jim

Reaction score
Hey nhpharm,
How much do you want for all three of the B.A. Cook bottles? I know a collector who is interested in them.

Thanks , ken

nhpharm

Reaction score
Ken,

I appreciate the interest but I'm not selling them at this time. If I happen to dig a duplicate I'll let you know for sure...

Reaction score
I would like to have pictures of any TX whiskey bottles, jugs, mini jugs and shot glasses you have or your friends have. I'm putting a website together with all the TX bottles, jugs, mini jugs and shot glasses I can get my hands on. I will have have all the city directories and Texas gazetteer and Brad dunn info on TX saloons. And also a link where you can get all the TX Sanborn maps that are available.
I've been collecting since 98 when I got out of the Marine Corps. Any info you can share would be appreciated. Thanks for the help
This is what I have now
1. Whiskey bottle 115
2. Jug 104
3. mini 154

sandchip

Reaction score
My one and only Texas bottle. I stopped by a shop in Americus, Ga. one day for the first time, didn't see much at all, and asked the owner if he had any bottles. He said that he had a few in back (not many, maybe one box). One of the bottles was a only known pint Americus flask, which he eventually sold to me. I stopped by a couple of months later and he had another box in back that a old fella had come walking up the street toting on his shoulder. In it was the Holley and a half-pint version of the Americus flask of which there are only a handful known. He my bes' friend, now!:)

holley.jpgholley1.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora