Black Elephant Saloon picnic flask from Texas

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
Here is my newest flask added to my Texas whiskey collection. It has applied top with no air vents on the bottle and no trade mark on the bottom. It has never been in the ground and I would date it to late 1880's to early 1890's. The saloon was in business from 1883-1916. I collect Texas whiskey bottles, shot glasses or corkscrews if you have any for sale. Thanks

Attachments

• San Antonio - Black Elephant Saloon.jpg
    San Antonio - Black Elephant Saloon.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 426

2find4me

Reaction score
Nice one, Black Elephant is an interesting name.

nhpharm

Reaction score
That is very cool! I'm in Texas as well, and we've dug privies with 50+ pumpkinseed flasks in them and as I pull out each one, I hope for embossing. No such luck though...doesn't seem like our area had any embossed pumpkinseed flasks.

Reaction score
I've been collecting Texas whiskey bottles for over 17yrs. I know of only 8 embossed TX pumpkinseed flasks. I have 2 of them, they are very rare. Do you have any TX whiskey bottles?

Goodman

Reaction score
image.jpgThis is my only Texas embossed whiskey flask. J.A. Miller From Houston. There was and may still be one on eBay. It started several months ago at over 100$ but has been relisted several times. I was watching to see what it goes for.

nhpharm

Reaction score
The only ones I have are the really common Miller from Houston, a Morris T. Gombert from Houston (which seems to be pretty hard to find though it isn't much to look at), a Sweet Revenge from Galveston, and three variations of the B.A. Cook Brookhills from Galveston.

nhpharm

Reaction score
Here is a photo of my Brookhill flasks. Two variations of the half pint and a pint. Very hard to find these and even harder to find them without damage. I have the smaller of the Sweet Revenge flasks...I've heard there is a larger one but I've never seen one.

Attachments

• IMG_3900.jpg
    IMG_3900.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 360
Last edited:

ACLbottles

Reaction score
Awesome flask! I'm also located in Texas, and I'm actually in Athens which is about 40 minutes west of Tyler. I'd love to see some more pictures of your flasks if you'd be willing to post more!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi