What I do with some of that broken glass we all find.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

dollarbill

Reaction score
081.jpg072.jpg068.jpgHere is a few points I've made. Most are of glass and there are a few from obsidian which knaps like glass. I'm always looking for glass to work with to if anyone wants to sale or trade some.
Bill

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Those are beautiful! I always thought I should find something to do with the nicer pieces of broken glass I find.

dollarbill

Reaction score
Thank you all! Eric I'll tell you I've been at it a little over a year and I have thrown a few fits .The long blades are the ones that get me. I'll get almost done and try an tweak it and "Snap" it just became a bird point . Part of the fun is making the tools to do it with to. I use antler some of the time .But most of the time I use copper boppers and flakers I've made. I'm still in need of glass .The flat panels and bottoms from old bottle work great because they tend to be thicker than modern bottle. I don't get to dig like I use to after moving down here to FL so I don't have a supply like I use to. Again thank you all.
Bill

anj2006

Reaction score
Thats really nice work! I always wondered if there was a place for all the nicer colors of glass ive found. I put some in the wives concrete patio steps a few years back. ( she hated it) :).. oh well, i tried.

upnorth

Reaction score
Pretty cool. What spooked my last year was when I started metal detecting in the water. The amount of glass that came up incidentally made me think twice about wading barefoot. :eek:

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum