Some New Super Locals, Lets See Your Favorite Locals!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

antlerman23

Reaction score
I got these over the past year, but I dont think I have posted them yet, so here it goes!
IMG_2380.jpg
The amber one is embossed DR. A. S. ADAMS ROCHESTER, MINN.
The clear one is embossed EAGLE DRUG STORE (embossed eagle on mortar and pestle) G. HARGESHEIMER & CO. ROCHESTER MINN
The cool thing about these two bottles is that they came from the same building. Gustavus Hargesheimer established a drug store in 1865 in Rochester after serving in the Civil War. in 1885 Dr. A. S. Adams came to Rochester and began a physician practice in the floor above Hargesheimer's drug store (a very logical location!) In 1892 Dr. Adams was elected Coroner of Rochester, and shortly after ended his physicians practice. This bottle dates to his time as a physician, and the Eagle Drug Store bottle predates Adams' arrival by 10-15 years. Two of the earliest Rochester bottles, and the Adams is the only one anyone has ever seen/heard of/imagined. I didn't even know my hometown had a colored druggist until I saw it! I'm still looking for the blob sodas and Gravitating stopper from Rochester! Help me find them! ;)

Lets see some other local favorites! Druggists, pontils, flasks, Lets see 'em all!

Attachments

• IMG_2380[1].jpg
    IMG_2380[1].jpg
    27 KB · Views: 94
Last edited by a moderator:

Goodman

Reaction score
Two of my favorite locals. The only Amber druggist I have from Shreveport, and the only embossed Shreveport whiskey flask I've ever seen.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 117

Lordbud

Reaction score
Keeping with the amber and local thread here is one of my favorite local druggists. I live in earthquake country or it used to be. Now Oklahoma and Arkansas are "earthquake country" courtesy of fricken fracking. But I digress. Local light almost yellow druggist.IMG_5331.jpg

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Keeping with the amber and local thread here is one of my favorite local druggists. I live in earthquake country or it used to be. Now Oklahoma and Arkansas are "earthquake country" courtesy of fricken fracking. But I digress. Local light almost yellow druggist.View attachment 168368
Love it!!! the frackers will disagree but not me. :boom:

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Now to get back on topic I have to ask what is local? Local to where, who and when. The present abode and two of the previous locals in which I lived have no reported embossed anything bottles. Can I choose something nearby? How about places I have lived or at least been to?
I can't figure out the album part of this prog. so in order.
I wasn't born in this one but kinda grew up there. john morgan.jpg
I've been here but just for a visit. It was local for a day or two. :cool:
warners safe.jpg
This is a couple towns over but I did live there for a few weeks.
hudsonhouse.jpg
One town over from where I lived once for many years,
fryeburg.jpg
Where would I like to live would be a different story and then maybe local. :D

Last edited:

Lordbud

Reaction score
Hmmm, well keeping with the local AND eagle thread here we go.
IMG_5045.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5045.jpg
    IMG_5045.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 101

Lordbud

Reaction score
"Local" to me is defined by the area where you grew up. Where you went to school as a kid, high school, worked your first job. I grew up in the South Bay, Santa Clara Valley. So local bottles in my estimation are those hailing from the San Francisco Bay Area. I have never lived anywhere else than the Santa Clara Valley/Santa Clara County. My life has never had anything to do with "Silly Con Valley". I'm not employed by any high tech/dot com/venture capital start-up company. Nor have I ever been. I have been interested in local history for the past 40+ years. So to me local means where I grew up, lived nearly all of my life, and still reside despite the economic horror of trying to afford living in my own home town.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora