University of Tennessee Creamery quart bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

lrreagan

Reaction score
We purchased some milk bottles at a auction this weekend. One of them says University of Tennessee Creamery Knoxville Tennessee. How can i tell how old this bottle might be. I am not finding much using the Google machine.

LisaH

Reaction score
A good place to start can be eBay sometimes. Especially sold listings. Here is a link of all sold ones. With out a picture it would be hard to pinpoint the exact date. Many times there are also number and letter codes around the base of the bottle that will give you insight to its manufacture date. Looks like you may have a pretty good bottle there.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=Tennessee

lrreagan

Reaction score
Here is a picture of the bottle UT Bottle.jpg

LisaH

Reaction score
Probably mid 1930s and worth $50 or more at this point. Is there any lettering or dating around the base of the bottle? Around the rim or on the neck?

lrreagan

Reaction score
Here is the bottom of the bottle. There are no markings on the neck or rim.Bottle Bottom.jpg

lrreagan

Reaction score
Thank you for all the information and help.
Any thoughts on the value or how to determine that now that we know the date of the bottle and the fact it was used by the University of Tennessee creamery (which has been gone for a good bit)

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I have no idea. Some on ebay's completed items list sold for $85 and $125 as BIN. They may have just found the right buyer (maybe an alum) or screwed themselves by not letting them get bid up.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown