does anyone have any history on the whitall tatum co insulator company

Hi everyone this is Matt again
    does anyone have any history on a insulator called whitall tatum co.
    here is a photo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1448.jpg   IMG_1449.jpg  

Senior Member Bottle Master Harry Pristis's Avatar
    I'm sure that Google has loads of info on Whitall Tatum insulators.

Junior Member New Bottler
    I second google. I believe WT came onto the scene quite a bit later on as far as insulator manufacturing goes. That is a CD 154, sort of the "final standard" as far as insulator designs go. WT made lots of different styles.

My little stickie on my computer say they started in 1922 and was bought out by Armstrong's in 1938.

Senior Member Bottle Master Spirit Bear's Avatar
    Whitall-Tattum should have been making insulators before 1922, for some come in SCA glass, which was phased out by 1920 due to the supply of Manganese being cut off by the Germans in WW1. Whitall-Tattum Co, was around since at least the 1880s, though until about 1901 they were Whitall, Tattum & Company-- notice the comma, and, most importantly, the ampersand. Otherwise, the buy-out date sounds correct, for I also read somewhere that Armstrong's succeeded them.
    Have I not commanded thee? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Joshua chapter 1, verse 9.

Thanks for your input. Here is the article that I got my info from. http://www.nia.org/history_and_guide...New_Jersey.pdf Looks like they have been around for longer than I stated and had expanded their product line to include insulators 1922.