Not sure what it is....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Terphunter

Reaction score
Well it's been a while since posting.
I was out doing some exploring the other day in a dump that I was hoping would be older(looked to be 1940-60's) and I found a neat thing that I thought at first was an old clay target type thrower. Then maybe an old artificial Christmas tree stand. After looking up all possible images I am still stumped? Any ideas?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 342
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 319

anj2006

Reaction score
It does look like a clay target thrower! That would have been my first guess. Its pretty neat looking though!!

Terphunter

Reaction score
Thanks all. The springs are curious. The top portion is mostly solid...still a mystery

Terphunter

Reaction score
No nothing. The springs are heavy duty as is the rest of it. One of the four arms is about 2" shorter than the rest. The top portion is on a a big threaded bolt type thing to possibly adjust height.

CreekWalker

Reaction score
I would say a shot shell loader,also and a very old one! The tray under the top portion, appears to catch spilled shot or powder. May be for the old brass shells, having multiple loading slots, and if 50 to 75 years old, Pacific, Lee, MEC. But possibly much older, shooting clubs used that type, 100 plus years ago, or market hunters, they were made by big hardware chains , Sears Roebuck,and firearms companies, such as Marlin, Remington , Ballard, and Winchester. The shell retainer is missing, which holds multiple cartridges, and the primer seating , and crimping tool. Measure the length and width of the individual shell holder, curious to know, if it a 12 ga, 10 gauge or even a 8 bore! Also, there is a group of collectors for these online.

Last edited:

anj2006

Reaction score
The bottom of an old washing machine???? Never seen an old shot shell loader, if it is its really cool!!!

Owen

Reaction score
Pretty sure it is the metal parts of a wooden office chair. In the first picture the device is upside down. The four arms attach to the bottom of the seat of the chair, and the opposite end would have four legs attached. This central part of it will have an acme thread in the center to allow the chair seat to be raised and lowered, and the springs allow the back to recline and spring back to upright when you lean forward.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi