Amber Smelling / Perfume / Pungent Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Mayhem

Reaction score
My lady friend collects colognes, perfumes and the like. A year or so ago she acquired the little gem on the right. Gardner collection #636 as pictured in American Bottles and Flasks on page 391 top row #4. Interestingly, though not pictured in the book, it came with the stopper you see embedded. I have not been able to remove it by hand.

I recently acquired and gave her the interesting little sunburst bottle on the left. The other side having two raised oval panels presumably for a label. They are very similar and make a nice pair don't you think?

Amber Smelling Bottles A.jpgAmber Smelling Bottles B.jpgAmber Smelling Bottles C.jpgAmber Smelling Bottles D.jpg

Last edited:

andy volkerts

Reaction score
They actually do make a perfect pair! As for removing the stopper, sometimes you can put the bottle under semi hot water from the tap, running the water slowly over only the neck, just a trickle, and after a few seconds pull out the stopper, the idea being to expand the neck glass a bit more than the stopper glass, giving it some room to be removed.....Andy

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18