Cleveland LEMON bottle RARE? or NOT?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

KLAMMS3

Reaction score
Hi everyone..new here so go easy on me please. I bought this bottle at an estate sale. I have spent hours trying to figure out the history it is about 11" tallx 3 3/8" in dia. two seams on sides. what I would like to know
Age? what is it? a soda bottle?syrup bottle? Cleveland? is that Cleveland Ohio? what is the strange top?is it rare? -that's all?lol
The writing is white and raised(embossed on bottle)
Thank you taking the time to read my post
Denise

Attachments

• jan leg bottle lemon clev.jpg
    jan leg bottle lemon clev.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 84
  • jan leg bottle lemon clev. 2JPG.jpg
    jan leg bottle lemon clev. 2JPG.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 96

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Hi, I'd guess a syrup bottle, probably had a jigger for a top. Cleveland may refer to the Cleveland Fruit Juice Co of that city.

KLAMMS3

Reaction score
Hi, thank you for replying..is there a specific name for that type of top? and that type of applied lettering?

truedigr

Reaction score
It is either applied paint or enamel. These syrup bottles are fairly collectible and range from $70 - 300. I know this is a broad range, but some are more desirable. The average price I have seen is around $100 - 120. Definitely a nice pick up. I have hunted antique malls and sales for 25 years and have yet to see one. RC

KLAMMS3

Reaction score
Well that was going to be my next question. Thank you truedigr for the information. I bought this at an estate sale the second day..hard to believe no one picked it up the price was right.

carling

Reaction score
I'm from Cleveland, Ohio, but can't tell you if it is from here or not. Cowseatmaize might be correct regarding the Cleveland Fruit Juice Co. Here's a stoneware jug label.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown