New western Canadian ACL's for me!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Canadacan

Reaction score
This is a 22 bottle lot that I just got in today, it consists of 11 from Alberta...4 of them are Drumheller Bottling works, 9 from Saskatchewan and 2 Wishing Well's.
A few are bottles I've never seen (all 4 Drumheller bottles)...but most of them I have seen but just never had an opportunity to acquire them.

20160225_105921 (2).jpg

One cool thing, well there is several about theses bottles ;) is I was able to add 5 beehive tops to the collection in one go!....4 more to do the black marker highlighting on:D, ...I now have 9 of this style (beehive top)

20160225_121631 (2).jpg

iggyworf

Reaction score
Those are all very cool. Congrats! Especially the 'beehive' bottles. All 5 are from different bottlers?

Canadacan

Reaction score
Those are all very cool. Congrats! Especially the 'beehive' bottles. All 5 are from different bottlers?
Thanks!... no they are from 4 different bottlers.. the first two are from Drumheller Bottling works, one embossed the other in white ACL.

RCO

Reaction score
I'm not really sure how many beehive top bottles I have there were some used in Ontario , I saw one for Brighton bottling works in an antique store recently but didn't buy it. I've had or seen a few others over the years . there is definity a number from Ontario

don't think I've seen a bottle from Drumheller before either but I don't see a lot of alberta bottles

Canadacan

Reaction score
Yes I would think there would be quite a few from Ontario?...but maybe there were more popular in western Canada. This is a cropped pic of the bottles above...all Alberta bottles.

20160225_105921 (2) - Copy.jpg

Canadacan

Reaction score
Hey Bear!...welcome back;) Yes here you go!....I added a better photo of the Drumheller bottles. The first one being the earliest I have seen so far...it would have had a paper label, boy would I like to see one of those!

Drumheller bottles.jpg

These are the crowns I received as a little bonus! I have to assume the 'Big 5' was the name of their flavor line and I'm not sure if they used them on all of the bottles pictured.
The Coke ones are probably pre 1945 as after that time Coke was shown as Coca-Cola Ltd.

Drumheller crowns.jpg

Canadacan

Reaction score
Added some more stuff from the same contact, pretty much cleaned him out!....I just love my Calgary 6 pack carton!:D
Also got an earlier version of SunCrest with out the checkered pattern on the bottom...it's from the same bottler as the Maple Leaf Beverages.

20160307_110845_resized.jpg

upnorth

Reaction score
Cool. Good day gentlemen, this is my first post. I have collected bottles 2-3 times in my life and gave them all away twice. I am starting to pick a few more up again as I still have a thing for them. I have had that Prince Albert Mineral water bottle many times. And I believe that I have a Regina Bottlers right now. I do a lot of metal detecting and I greatly appreciate finding old bottles or marbles while detecting. I have two tips from my own experience : 1. Look up the sides of hills out on the prairies that are close to old farms or communities. If you find brown rusting metal, go up through the bush and start shoveling. You can see the old farm dump sites before the brush leafs up. 2. If you are near a decent sized river or creek wade it during a low water period, polarized sunglasses take the glare off. At one place in particular I found a lot of old bottles that way. Now I just pick up anything interesting while detecting.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac