Senior Member Bottle Master CreekWalker's Avatar

Portmouth Ohio Straight Side Coca-Cola aqua ring neck or shooulder?

Anyone know if this bottle is worth more than the $25-45, I see most SS 1910 type Coca-Cola bottles from Portsmouth, Ohio, bring on the 'bay. It has a ringed neck or shoulder. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2-11-16 003.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	169900Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2-11-16 004.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	169901

Senior Member Bottle Master iggyworf's Avatar
    I am no expert on old coke bottles, but I think that type of bottle did not hold coca cola. It was a soda flavor or something like that. My girlfriend has about 10 different ones. I personally would not pay more than 10$. Hopefully someone else will help out. Still a cool bottle!

Thanks, iggyworf. I believe you are right, however , every town with straight side Cokes, have their own rare variations, some are common and some scarce. I just noticed another Coca-Cola SS soda is own ebay with a $199 starting price.

Senior Member Bottle Master Spirit Bear's Avatar
    People can start a bottle at any price they want.

To determine recent "actual" value (sometimes there are outliers), go to e-Bay. The upper right says "Advanced" to the right of "Search". Click it. Enter key words in first box. Below "Search", it has 3 ways to search it. I usually click "Complete Listings", as it will bring up what they sold for and didn't sell for.
    You can exclude key words too. But, otherwise, e-Bay works like any other search engine.
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/ebayadvsearch
    Have I not commanded thee? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Joshua chapter 1, verse 9.

Thanks, found several from the completed search for this town a couple weeks ago. Prices all over the place.

Senior Member Bottle Master Spirit Bear's Avatar
    Look at the green ones for the same bottle in similar condition. Green and X bids = sold.
    Black and Buy It Now or 0 bids = didn't sell.
    Have I not commanded thee? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Joshua chapter 1, verse 9.

Thank you.

Senior Member Bottle Master
    I know this is a super old post but I haven't been on here in a long while. That bottle contained a flavored soda. Orange, grape, lime etc.

Senior Member Bottle Finder Screwtop's Avatar
    Very old post, I hope you don't mind it getting bumped, but where did you get that? Do you have more?

In all my perplexity's and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.
    - Robert E. Lee