central north iowa,1859 college,diggers sought

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

margclearlake

Reaction score
hi, I managed to get awarded exlusive digging rights for a large college building that is being moved in June 2016. The college was established in 1859 so its going to be a good dig.

located in central North Iowa near the MN border. The people in charge of moving the building are very easy to work with, have the utmost confidence in me and are very excited with finding history under the ground.

but i started thinking that my back isnt doing too good and it might be good to get some digging partners or even a team.

I also have in the same general area a large house from 1850 that is being taken down in 2016 that i am very interested in.

so anybody that is available for digging please PM me.

securing permission has never been my strong suit so to get this college has really been a feather in my cap. like i said, they are very very excited about the digging and metal detecting.

thanks

Last edited:

margclearlake

Reaction score
cedarsem.jpg cant even imagine how they are going to move it. we get to go inside when they do.

margclearlake

Reaction score
now I am replying to my own posts! finally senile! anyway, this is a very well known college and there were many old pictures taken of the extensive grounds. there were several other buildings that are no longer there, so I will be hitting the Sanborn maps too.

margclearlake

Reaction score
hi, apparently i cannot receive PMs. any ideas how to get my info out? sorry, got the flu and am not thinking too straight. thank you.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora