Found some Color

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

coldwater diver

Reaction score
I finally found time to hunt for bottles again. I decided to check out one of the coastal rivers here in Maine.
There was an old farmhouse near the river, my guess was maybe they threw the trash out where it was deep.
I was at first only finding Beer bottles and screw caps and then a nice shape appeared a square apothecary
(WmR.Warner&Co. Phiadelphia)! A little while later a bottle I assumed was a aromatic schnapps at first glance,
to my surprise it was a Charles/ Cordial Gin/ London!! Then a coolbottle w a weird top a Dr Judges Inhaler Boston Mass.
The last one unfortunately has cracks in the lower half. Does anyone have any idea on value on these and what info
is known about them. IMG_8647.jpgIMG_8658.jpgIMG_8660.jpgIMG_8648.jpgIMG_8653.jpg

hemihampton

Reaction score
Don't know Value but they look nice to me. LEON.

sandchip

Reaction score
Is the Charles Cordial pontilled? It's a beautiful example.

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
Nice finds! I've seen a Dr. Townsend's Inhaler Providence, RI in the exact same style as yours. He also sold "oxygenated air", right....

coldwater diver

Reaction score
Hi Sandchip, no pontil, lots of bubbles and whittle though, It looks to be pint size. I almost forgot I found a common medicine(F.W.Kinsman&Son) but upon closer inspection has raised circles on the backside of the bottle 20 in all as if it was intentionally used to block out the name of another business.

IMG_8665.jpgIMG_8664.jpgIMG_8666.jpgIMG_8665.jpg

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
Looks like the old F.W. Kinsman embossing was erased (from before he opened an office in NY).

coldwater diver

Reaction score
Looks like the old F.W. Kinsman embossing was erased (from before he opened an office in NY).

Thanks, mystery solved. Its funny I did not notice it at first, I felt all these bumps on the backside of the bottle as I was cleaning it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown