Jinx ! You better believe it.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

coldwater diver

Reaction score
I'm not sure if you all have your own superstitions, but I do. One of mine is never put your snow shovels away until end of May early June, or anything related to winter. So Im driving home this past weekend and my neighbor Joe is removing all the plow stakes from his front lawn(Just so the town plow guy leaves his lawn alone). I stopped my car told him to put them back or else we are going to get slammed w a storm. He laughed thought I was messin around. Well thanks alot Joe we got a Nor Easter on its way this Sunday ready to dump at least 7" of snow. I plan to see him Sunday to personally thank him.
So keep those snow shovels out, and in the meanwhile don't do anything foolish like open an umbrella in the house.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
LOL. We have nothing to do with instantly changing the weather. Climate change, caused by us over a few hundred years, will continue to cause wackiness, as it had quite a bit up here in the last couple years.
Dry places may get wet (not talking alcohol here,) and warm places may get cold. Otherwise, droughts in some areas will increase and flooding in others.

Last edited:

coldwater diver

Reaction score
Good news My neighbor let me put the plow stakes back for a couple of weeks anyway. Now i guess I will just have to keep my fingers crossed. : )

botlguy

Reaction score
Superstitions are funny. I don't have them anymore but I sure did when I played baseball. NEVER step on the foul line going to or from the field for example. Strange I didn't have any while playing other sports. Jim

andy volkerts

Reaction score
That bit with the stakes is too funny!! only superstition we bottle diggers in Sacto had was not trying to name what bottles we wanted the most before digging a dump or privy, cause sure enough whatever bottle happened to be mentioned we never saw a piece or a whole one wherever we were digging at the time it was mentioned.......Andy

coldwater diver

Reaction score
Im liking all these bottle superstitions. I have a place I have dove for years now and have found some amazing finds there. It takes me a couple of hours to get there so I stop in a Dunkin Donuts get a nice medium regular French Vanilla hot coffee. My first time in, the person was so nice I tipped the two last bucks I had. Did my dive and found some great glass. Every time I go now I stop in and get my Coffee there, tip well and hope I find something great. So far its worked very well.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora