Info Anyone?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

BottleBaby

Reaction score
I recently stumbled across an old dump site in the woods behind my house. In the last couple weeks, I've pulled out around 50 bottles. Today, I found this (ink?) bottle and I can't seem to find anything out about it online. It says "Crescent Products" on the bottom, found in southern central Illinois. Thanks in advance! bottle1.jpgbottle2.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I don't think that's an ink. Although it has a similar shape to some 19th century inkwells the top looks too small for an inkwell. It would be impossible to dip a pen in there. Every ink bottle I've seen, even the ones they still sell today, has had a fairly wide mouth. "Crescent Products" sounds like it might be a food company, so I'm wondering if it might have been some sort of hot sauce. It's a very strange bottle, I don't think I've seen anything like it before. Another thought was that it might have had some sort of metal closure over the lip like a perfume bottle, though Crescent Products is a strange name for a perfume company.

sandchip

Reaction score
Although the top is a little small, it looks like a mucilage bottle to me (or glue, as already stated).

botlguy

Reaction score
Everyone is using their brains well, going on what we have seen. I agree with what has been said, I think Eric / cowseataize is on the right track. Too small an opening to be ink, glue or mucilage in my opinion. I'm really interested now. Jim

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Ah, there we go. Looks like mucilage it is. That top looks perfect for one of those rubber mucilage applicators, and Eric just found a Crescent Product that advertised "Inks and Adhesives" so I'd say this mystery is probably solved.

BottleBaby

Reaction score
Thanks!!

Thank you all for letting me pick your brains!! I plan on going out digging again today, I'll hopefully find more. ;)

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi