Age of these marbles??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottlediggingcop

Reaction score
Anyone know much about marbles? I tend to keep them when I find them bottle digging. Some are quite pretty. The big ones with the flowers and dogs painted on them sell quickly, but these I don't know much about. Any help would be appreciated :O)
Mike B. IMG_0529.jpg

nhpharm

Reaction score
Generally these look to date from 1870-1890 or so I would guess. We dig a lot of them in Texas as well. There is definitely some value to them if they are in good condition, particularly the glass swirls. I am sure one of the marble collectors will chime in.

westerndug

Reaction score
The ceramic ones are called geometric china marbles. They range from the early 1850's and throughout. We don't see the shinny geometrics until the 1870's.
I have never seen a china with a dog before. The sulfides have animals in them though. The glass ones are 60's and 70's, there are a couple of ceramic ones that are 90's.
Good age to be digging in.

embe

Reaction score
Nice, looks like a coupe natural agate marbles as well, look for the hand faceting . The glass blue one close to the bottom is a Mica, and a couple divided core swirls. Probably all German marbles from the late 1880's +/- 30 or so. Nice geometric patterns on the "Chinas".

As a marble collector, it's great to see what else you guys come across

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi