Before & After pic.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Got this rare bottle Recently. Got it cheap because it was pretty beat up. Here it is after cleaning. Looks much nicer now. LEON. UniondirtyCloseup.jpgUnionCleaned.jpgUnionCleanedCloseup2.jpg

hemihampton

Reaction score
It's real dark amber, hard to read. Pics in sunlight. LEON.P1000020.JPGP1000021.JPG

iggyworf

Reaction score
Beautiful! Hey Leon, have you ever roughly calculated how much $$ it costs in electricity to tumble a bottle per day?

hemihampton

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments. Never have figured out cost of electricity. This one I had to tumble twice & took a week.

Haldy

Reaction score
I've tumbled several hundred bottles and never really noticed any change in my electric bill. (I always wondered about that myself before I first got started.)

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
Looks nice, but a little over-tumbled. It's too smooth looking, and the already weak embossing looks tumbled smooth. It's lost part of it's historic look and texture. Honestly I'd pay more for the uncleaned version.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Tumbling not for everyone, some like it some don't. The embossing is still pretty big & bold but it will flatten the top of the letters. This bottle was heavy duty scratched up & beat & needed a heavy duty tumble to get the big scratches out. I prefer a bottle that's more stained & dirty & needs a light tumble. Those always come out better & look more original. LEON.UnionCloseup.jpgUnionCloseup2.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora