Emerald Green Drink Hershkowitz's Beverage's Bottle - Need Help!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

artmaker115

Reaction score
Anyone have any possible history on this company or bottle. I haven't located anything. Thanks!

New to this site and don't know how to post images.

Drink Hershkowitz's Beverages

Bottom marked:

Stock's Bottling Wks. I and the numbers C22 Also has a capital R in a triangle. Bottom of body marked Contents 7 Fl. Oz. Schenectady, NY

Heavy bottle. Heavier than an old Coke bottle....and NFS...yet ;)

artmaker115

Reaction score
Wow! Thanks Eric! I did see the one on Ebay but mine is nicer...lol. lt's really a nice green bottle. Is there a way to post photos here?

artmaker115

Reaction score
Thanks again Eric! I did see that but it's not available as a "reply" option. Looks like l have to start a separate thread. Hopefully l will get some time to figure it out. Someone offered to purchase the bottle but l want to get some feedback before l make a mistake.

artmaker115

Reaction score
Does anyone have an idea of value on this piece. Eric was kind enough to send along a local newspaper article for the gentleman's obituary. I'm guessing that puts this bottle around the mid to late 1930's. Possibly earlier. View attachment 170634

artmaker115

Reaction score
20160401_103026.jpg20160401_103015.jpg

nhpharm

Reaction score
Looks like it is scuffed up pretty good? It appears to be a hard to find bottle, but I'm not sure the demand is there. The market for these embossed 1930's sodas seems very soft. I'd say $20 is fair.

botlguy

Reaction score
Overall a nice collectible bottle but I agree that those vintage soda bottles are not selling well. I've tried several and got little response. You might be able to generate quite a collection of these at a reasonable price.
Jim

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I was interested enough to do some searching but got the rude awakening that it was time to go to work. Anyway I found a few things that may help. In the 1925 bottlers encyclopedia John H Stock was listed there. I did that and got places like researching Electric City Bottling works. Apparently that came first, HERE
The C22 may be the year of making but I'm not sure if that was something Reed Glass did (R in triangle). The year may not align because he may have been just a partner in the company before he bought it. That's just speculation.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora