Unique Beer bottle with bottle opener

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeet4206

Reaction score
I was walking around at the edge of a swamp near where I live in Georgia where there used to be an old land fill. I have been walking this area since I was a kid, just looking and collecting old bottles. Over the winter I found (7) of these bottles with a bottle opener made into the bottom of the bottle. The bottle appears to be a beer bottle of some kind. There is a patent number stamped into the bottom as well (Patent No. 2,992,574). My research on these bottles has hit a dead end as all I can find is a patent drawing of what the bottle looks like. I can not find any other information on theses bottles. maybe someone on this site has seen bottles like this before and can tell me something about them. Everyone I show the bottles to have never seen one before.
View attachment 170964View attachment 170965View attachment 170966View attachment 170967

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
What an unusual idea! I'm surprised the bottles didn't break when you used them to open another. Or maybe they did sometimes and that's why the idea never caught on. I've never seen one before, though I've never been anywhere near Georgia. Looks like that one likely dates to 1965, judging by the 65 on the bottom. American beverage bottles tend to have dates on the bottom. Somewhere out there there should be an ad for them, I'd imagine that something like that would have its own advertising campaign.

Skeet4206

Reaction score
Doing what research I have found it was with the Burger Brewing company out of Cincinnati Ohio. I couldn't imagine they were on the shelves for long. Just playing around with these bottles at the house, yeah I could see the liability that went along with this design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky