found some bottles in a cottage dump by a lake

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Backs. 3CanadianDumpersBacksDirty.jpg3CanadianDumpersBacksCleaned.jpg

hemihampton

Reaction score
Looking at the back of the Old Colony Ginger Ale cone top on that website, the back of yours is a little different, The Delightful Drink & Wholesome Refreshing is on opposite side of seam, the other side looks like it may say something different & the smaller 3rd line of text missing all together. Could be a tougher or unknown variation? LEON.

RCO

Reaction score
the cott can I had found along a highway in some bushes a couple weeks ago , not sure how old it is or much about it , sent it too cause though it might of cleaned up better , it does have a lot of orange left .

the beer can does look a lot better , back is badly damaged but still a lot of colour left .

kind of knew the old colony can had a lot of rust and might of been tougher to clean , still a lot of colour showing , we know for sure now it was an old colony ginger ale can

hemihampton

Reaction score
The Cott looks to be around 1970 if I had to guess. Both the Duqusne flat & Old Colony cone I'm guessing around 1955. That Old colony a good one to find. If you found some that cleaned up better they would be worth some decent money possibly. RCO, e-mail me back at hemihampton@wowway.com THANKS, LEON.

RCO

Reaction score
The Cott looks to be around 1970 if I had to guess. Both the Duqusne flat & Old Colony cone I'm guessing around 1955. That Old colony a good one to find. If you found some that cleaned up better they would be worth some decent money possibly. RCO, e-mail me back at hemihampton@wowway.com THANKS, LEON.

other day I tried to go back to this dump but bugs were too bad and after a few minutes left , just cleaned up a couple bags of junk bottles and broken glass for recycling and left ( was trying to clean up area so its easier to dig new spots , there was too much junk building up ) , too many bugs to dig any new areas .
I would imagine there is other cans in the dump if I found 2 there already , could be others to find but have to wait till bugs slow down

RCO

Reaction score
hadn't been back to this dump in a while but decided to poke around , found 1 unbroken pop bottle ( kist ) and some broken ones ( which were double cola , Stubby , Canada Dry and O'keefe's ) . also a large green bottle from Dominion Bottling works - Kirkland Lake Ontario and a liquor bottle for Russell's

also found a hub cap with a B logo .

P4200002.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
the Green Bottle is from Dominion Bottling Works - Kirkland Lake Ontario but broken on bottom . not sure how it got here as Kirkland Lake is a mining town about 3 hours north of where the dump is

P4200009.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
although common for this area , the Kist bottle is in pretty good condition for having been pulled out of a dump , most of the acl seems pretty solid and still has most of its red colour .

P4200008.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
also this Russell's liquor bottle , think it might be American . but don't really know anything about it

P4200001.jpgP4200004.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panama Canal digger