Mt. Carbon Brewery One Quart Amber Beer Bottle, need info and value please

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
DSCN0339.jpgDSCN0340.jpgDSCN0341.jpgDSCN0343.jpgDSCN0344.jpgDSCN0345.jpgDSCN0348.jpg

I found this bottle in a creek near Worton, MD. It appears to be an amber champagne beer bottle, made by the Reed Glass Company. The body reads Mt. Carbon Brewery, which was a well-known coal area PA brewery. The bottom reads MT. CARBON BREWERY POTTSVILLE, PA and ONE QUART. There is the Reed Glass Co. "R in triangle" symbol, and the numbers (in order) "5" and "6" below the symbol. My best guess at how old it is based on my research is between 1933 and 1956, between the end of Prohibition and the closure of Reed Glass Company. I would love to hear from anyone who has an idea what kind of beer this bottle held, and more precise dating and value. I have not seen anything like this from Mount Carbon online, so I appreciate your help.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Being embossed I'd guess pre prohibition or pre 1919 because after prohibition 1933 most bottles dropped the embossing in favor of the paper label. Dont know what it's worth but I know if it was a quart cone top beer can it would be worth $1,000 in good shape. That bottle I'd guess maybe $10.00? Welcome to the site. LEON.

Reaction score
Hi Leon,
Thanks for your thoughts on the bottle. In case you were wondering, I dated the bottle 1933-1956 because I read that the Reed Glass Company used the "R in triangle" from about 1923 to 1956, and I know the Mount Carbon Brewery was closed during Prohibition. BTW, the closest thing to my bottle I have found is a small green beer bottle on Ebay with the same Mt. Carbon Brewery embossing on the body, claiming to be from the 30s. My bottle is a different shape and is about 11 3/4" tall. Anyways, bottle dating isn't an exact science, so I appreciate the help. I look forward to enjoying this site. Kyle

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora