Junior Member New Bottler

Started collecting local straight side Coca-Colas...

I live in Augusta, GA and have recently started collecting Georgia and South Carolina Straight Side Cokes. I love the early bottle colors and variations. Would love to see any other Straight side Coca-Cola bottles from your collection if you would like to share them here. If you have any avaiable for sale please send me a message. Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender (1).jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	171364

Senior Member Bottle Master
    you will fined that's a big field . coke started early with franchising . I have quit a few from even small towns . places like Augusta , Savannah and Athens .they have two or three variants . good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by sunrunner View Post
    you will fined that's a big field . coke started early with franchising . I have quit a few from even small towns . places like Augusta , Savannah and Athens .they have two or three variants . good luck.

I know what you mean. I have found at least 10 different variants between base, middle and shoulder scripts in my Augusta bottles.

Would love to see your bottles if you would like to share.

Thanks!

I have a one pretty cool SS Coke: It's embossed in a circle slug plate "Coca-Cola (in script) / Trade Mark / Registered" with no other embossing on the bottle. I've heard that this bottle is from Charleston, SC, but there is no town name embossed on the bottle.

Name:	IMG_2937.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	171489Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2940.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	171490

I only have one with no city on it right now. Good looking bottle though.

Kansas City straight sides

Here are my three Kansas City straight sides. The one on the left is a 1902 version made in Kansas City at the Interstate Glass Company. The middle one is a hand tooled crown from Root Glass and the one on the right is a BIM from Graham Glass. I have seen another clear straight side that looks similar to the Graham and have seen. on ebay an amber one as well. It went for over $200. There are some know to exist. Not in my current budget if one shows up! Right now there is one like the one on the left on ebay for like $30.
    I also have a run of embossed hobbleskirts. I think I have all of those but would like to find and intact 1917 bottle. Mine has the neck broken off.
    I know where there is a Columbia, MO bottle for $60.

Scott
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1020950 (494x500).jpg  

These are my 3 different Augusta Bottles. Base, Middle and Shoulder Script. There are lots of variants of each style. I do not have them all.

Name:	3 Augustas.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	195.7 KB 
ID:	171701

Houdini , what you got so far from s.c. ?

Senior Member Bottle Finder Screwtop's Avatar
    I love straight side Cokes, but they are just so darn expensive. I would love to find them myself. Nevertheless, Straight sides are crowding my Christmas list this year. I hope to start collecting local cokes, but they are all rare, or non existent. Go figure.
    In all my perplexity's and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.
    - Robert E. Lee

Nice. I dig a spot that has so many of them but I've yet to find one that is whole.