Senior Member Bottle Master

Are these classified as marbles ?

Today I had a chance to buy these but before I do I would like the experts opinion on these two :
    Example , are they classifies as marbles , where made , year of manufacture and approximate value?
    The large one is about 2" in diameter , it is clear and has a white squirrel encased.
    The smaller one is clear and about 1-1/4" in diameter. It had a little girl encased.
    thx in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0205.jpg   IMG_0206.jpg   IMG_0207.jpg   IMG_0208.jpg  

Senior Member Bottle Master CreekWalker's Avatar
    Having seen that type at the collectibles shows and flea markets , I would say yes, and they are pricy.

Thanks Creekwalker. I tried to send u a private message BUT it seems that the new owners of this website set every member's private massage default to ' dont receive' .
    To change your settings, go to ' Settings ', then open ' General Settings' , choose under Private Messinging' ' * Receive Private Messaging * - click ' From all Members'.
    Thx

I wish I had more info, the older cartoon characters are the highest value. I loaned my marble price guide and don't have it handy. Depending on size and quality the prices ranged from $35 to $75.

I wish I had more info, the older cartoon characters are the highest value. I loaned my marble price guide and don't have it handy. Depending on size and quality the prices ranged from $35 to $75. I just noticed the German made , suphide or sulfide marbles of this type, sold for $40 to $90, on feebay. Hope that helps.

The seller wanted $125.00 for both. The larger marble has a few chips and is hazy, the smaller one is mint. I saw a picture online similar to these, the note said it was made in Japan in the 1950's.
    Thank you for your input.

Junior Member New Bottler
    hello they are called sulphide marbles.