Are these classified as marbles ?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

deenodean

Reaction score
Today I had a chance to buy these but before I do I would like the experts opinion on these two :
Example , are they classifies as marbles , where made , year of manufacture and approximate value?
The large one is about 2" in diameter , it is clear and has a white squirrel encased.
The smaller one is clear and about 1-1/4" in diameter. It had a little girl encased.
thx in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_0205.jpg
    IMG_0205.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_0206.jpg
    IMG_0206.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG_0207.jpg
    IMG_0207.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_0208.jpg
    IMG_0208.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 334

CreekWalker

Reaction score
Having seen that type at the collectibles shows and flea markets , I would say yes, and they are pricy.

deenodean

Reaction score
Thanks Creekwalker. I tried to send u a private message BUT it seems that the new owners of this website set every member's private massage default to ' dont receive' .
To change your settings, go to ' Settings ', then open ' General Settings' , choose under Private Messinging' ' * Receive Private Messaging * - click ' From all Members'.
Thx

CreekWalker

Reaction score
I wish I had more info, the older cartoon characters are the highest value. I loaned my marble price guide and don't have it handy. Depending on size and quality the prices ranged from $35 to $75.

CreekWalker

Reaction score
I wish I had more info, the older cartoon characters are the highest value. I loaned my marble price guide and don't have it handy. Depending on size and quality the prices ranged from $35 to $75. I just noticed the German made , suphide or sulfide marbles of this type, sold for $40 to $90, on feebay. Hope that helps.

deenodean

Reaction score
The seller wanted $125.00 for both. The larger marble has a few chips and is hazy, the smaller one is mint. I saw a picture online similar to these, the note said it was made in Japan in the 1950's.
Thank you for your input.

embe

Reaction score
They are indeed sulphide/sulfide marbles made in Germany late 1800's - early 1900's. The marbles with human figures are generally more collectible than animals although there are exception and condition is important.

As a newbie to this site I find it pretty awesome there is a marble section :)

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
They are indeed sulphide/sulfide marbles made in Germany late 1800's - early 1900's. The marbles with human figures are generally more collectible than animals although there are exception and condition is important.

As a newbie to this site I find it pretty awesome there is a marble section :)
Welcome to the forum! This section isn't very active unfortunately, this is the most recent thread and it's from three years ago. But you can always post another one!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora