Baylor Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

nhpharm

Reaction score
Went digging this past Sunday...ended up being a pretty wet dig but I did rustle up a few things. The most interesting was a small clear bottle embossed on three panels with a leaf or a feather and embossed inside the leaf or feather on one panel with the word "BAYLOR"...bottle was dug out of an early 1870's layer (as evidenced by the L & W Hostetters that were in the same layer). Anyone ever seen one of these before? Could it have been something put out by Baylor University in Waco? Probably a long shot but a mystery bottle to me for sure. IMG_4648.jpgIMG_4649.jpg

CreekWalker

Reaction score
There's been a Baylor('s) hot sauce since 1910. Is that a hot pepper surrounding "Baylor" ?

nhpharm

Reaction score
Cool!. I'm pretty certain it is not a hot pepper on the bottle as it has a central rib running down it (like a feather or leaf). I also think it predates 1910 based on the layer it was in and the way the bottle is made. It reminds me of a cologne bottle but I'm striking out on finding anything.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
It looks like a cologne to me as well. The embossing is definitely interesting. I've never seen one before.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Maybe BU related or maybe Baylor Drug Co.
This is from 1911 and I have no no other info, just throwing it out there.

Baylor.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora