Masons Improved CFJCo Logo

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Skeet4206

Reaction score
IMG_0375.jpgIMG_0385.jpg

I ran across this old mason jar up in Vermont recently. I found some information on it with the CFJCo logo (Consolidated Fruit Jar Co.). The one I have has the diamond shaped "o". It appears these jars were made from 1878-1882. It has the glass center of the lid that came with jar. It has an embossing on it but cant quite read it.

Is there anyone that can tell me anything else about this jar. Are they common?

Attachments

• IMG_0385.jpg
    IMG_0385.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 206

botlguy

Reaction score
That jar is a pretty good one primarily because the monogram is on the reverse. The closure is called a band and insert type. The insert should have dates and the monogram on it. Value will depend on size and condition, I do not have a current Red Book so can't give you a proper ID # or value.
Someone else will be able to tell you much more but it's a nice collectible jar.
Jim

Skeet4206

Reaction score
IMG_0394.jpgIMG_0395.jpgIMG_0399.jpgIMG_0400.jpg

Here's close-up pictures of the lid for the jar. Don't know how to tell sizes on jars so I took picture next to a quarter for sizing. Doing some reading on the diamond shaped "o" on the CFJCo logo and it seems this means something unique to these jars. Paid 8 bucks at an antique store on some back road in Vermont. There seems to be an antique store everywhere up in new England. Some out in the middle of no where. Would be curious what its worth.

botlguy

Reaction score
The insert / lid is not correct for the jar. Fortunately they are available and not expensive. The lid appears to be for a LIGHTNING jar. As I said previously, others will have to help with current values.Jim

deenodean

Reaction score
Nice jar. Botlguy is correct, the insert is not the correct one. The zinc band is an odd size so if it fits that is a bonus. With the correct closure , book value is about $10

ajohn

Reaction score
RB 10 # 1709 HG aqua .....$10- $12. Too bad it wasn't a one gal.

Skeet4206

Reaction score
I do appreciate the information. Im curious about the correct lid for this jar. Does it have the same logo as the jar embossed on it?

jarsnstuff

Reaction score
There are some variations of the proper insert, but something along these lines is what you need. I could probably dig up an extra one around here somewhere if you can't find one.
023.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora