Lake Drive Dairy - Bracebridge Ontario acl milk jug

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I always look in metal containers like that, sometimes you can find things preserved very well. I found a corn syrup can with a label in nearly perfect condition in a dump full of cans inside other cans. Sadly those people didn't seem to have any use for beverage cans. I've heard that some extremely valuable beer cans have been found that way.
As for the late date, another possible explanation is that the dairy was using the same bottles for a long time after the war. A small dairy likely wouldn't update their bottles if they didn't have to.

RCO

Reaction score
in another odd twist one of these jugs has appeared on ebay all of a sudden , a seller from Thorold Ontario ( far away from bracebridge ) has put one on ebay a day or so ago , open bid was only $9.99 but now up to $370 and has multiple bidders , at least 4, I can count so far , its far out of my price range but interesting to see

lakedrivedairyVN.jpg
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1940s-ACL-La...112485?hash=item543ab3c3e5:g:1y8AAOSwNRdX-Ehl

RCO

Reaction score
looked at the price again its $370 US , so actually $490 Canadian ,

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Wow what a shame it wasn't whole! I'm not at all surprised about the price though, those war milks are super valuable and there are a lot of ACL milk collectors in Ontario.

RCO

Reaction score
its gone up a bit , now $ 534 Canadian . have seen a few lake drive dairy bottles but not this one or even similar acl versions for sale much around here . is a smaller lake drive dairy bottle , acl but very plain design on side and isn't worth much . so really not sure what this jug ( not vivtory design but one of the others shown ) normally would go for in tis area

RCO

Reaction score
was poking around an old dump I found a couple years back but was literally almost all rusty cans , maybe 90% of the dump and then the odd ketchup bottle . somehow in the mess I found 2 broken lake drive dairy milk jugs . but after that just left as it was getting pointless digging there

both also seem to be from the war era . one has the Churchill Victory design that was on the other jugs . but other appears to have a different world war 2 design , shows a solider with a rifle and says " guard your health " drink more milk ..

PB010001.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp