Lake Drive Dairy - Bracebridge Ontario acl milk jug

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
had another milk jug I wanted to post, there seems to be a few acl milk jugs from my area but this is only one I have so far , is some others but haven't seen them yet , acquired it in the box of bottles I bought at a yard sale a couple months back , its local . from Bracebridge Ontario , maybe 50's era

not in great shape on the front , a lot of acl missing but can still read it all in light , says Lake Drive Dairy , Bracebridge TJ Ball phone 172 , I just realised it was run by a Ball , I know a few people named Ball in bracebridge and wonder if there related to him

back is much better and shows an image of a milk jug and a horse .
says " always a winner " drink our milk everyday

P6100003.jpgP6100004.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
found a few pictures online of 2 other lake drive acl milk jugs , both have a different back than mine .
one shows a solider on a horse and other " adults need milk too "

it seems odd a town the size of bracebridge would have 3 different variations of the same milk jug

lakedrivedairy.jpglakedrivedairy1.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I think sometimes a dairy would order one batch of bottles with various designs on the back. Some dairies would have all sorts of different messages on the back, it wasn't because they kept ordering different bottles, they just liked switching up the messages.

RCO

Reaction score
I think sometimes a dairy would order one batch of bottles with various designs on the back. Some dairies would have all sorts of different messages on the back, it wasn't because they kept ordering different bottles, they just liked switching up the messages.
i guess there does seem to be a lot of different acl milk jugs out there , some I notice have same designs on back but for different dairies but made by same glass makers like dominion

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Yeah Dominion and probably Consumers had generic ACL designs for milk bottles just like they did for soda bottles. I would think that the dairies wouldn't design their own bottles very frequently.

RCO

Reaction score
I found another lake drive dairy jug in a small dump outside of bracebridge the other day , was inside a metal container and that seems to have saved a lot of the acl oddly enough however is a broken hole on the back .

whats neat is that it appears to be another variation and different than other 3 posted , it appears to be a V or victory design that features a ship and plane on the part still visible , maybe from after or during ww2 ?

but unfortuently the jug has a big hole in it , but still an interesting find

P9270002.jpgP9270003.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
it actually displays reasonably well considering the hole , I put it in the garage is an area I keep bottles like that . I haven't seen anything else like it from this area . the dump I found it in wasn't even that old most late 60's stuff and nd bottles ,
I actually went there to dig up some fresca no deposit bottles as that dump full of them than I found this jug hidden in a metal container . maybe they had held onto it for a while after the war ? and it didn't get thrown out till more recently
it was a neat find considering I had been trying to find out more about the lake drive dairy from Bracebridge Ontario and then I found this jug , guess you never know what is out there

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu