Canada Dated Coca-Cola

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

lamlancer

Reaction score
New to this forum. Looking for dated Coca-Cola bottles from Canada prior to 1934. Will purchase or trade for similar from other years, or straight side. Thanks!

RCO

Reaction score
don't think the hobbleskirts from Canada from 20's or early 30's have dates on them , they just have D / dominion marking and maybe a number . have a couple I could post pictures of I found swimming but there not really for sale . of all the hobble skirts I have found in last few years I'd say maybe less than 1% of them were from this time period , most 40's or 50's era

Canadacan

Reaction score
New to this forum. Looking for dated Coca-Cola bottles from Canada prior to 1934. Will purchase or trade for similar from other years, or straight side. Thanks!
You won't find any dated prior to 1931...here is my post discussing this, one member posted a bottle from Consumers glass with a 1931 on it....we are assuming that is the year but it also could be a mold #, my consumers glass example has no date on it and the script embossing is very different from the early Dominion hobble skirt.....also check out my very rare ice blue with the patent year still on it!

https://www.antique-bottles.net/showthread.php?662650-Canada-s-rarest-Coca-Cola-hobble-skirt-The-D19

RCO

Reaction score
there is a fair number of coca cola straight sides for sale in antique malls around southern Ontario but I don't think there is many bottles from 20's-early 30's for sale . I'm not sure why coca cola bottles from 20's are so hard to find in good condition , it was fairly popular and common drink by then yet there doesn't seem to be many bottles around and many that are found in lakes are broken . think if you find any good ones for sale and seller knows what they have there going to be pricey

lamlancer

Reaction score
Straight sided and non-dated bottles aside, I wonder exactly what years dated Canada Coke bottles were manufactured? As CanadaCan has alluded to in the 2014 D19 post when nostalgia showed a picture of a 1931, it is great to bring this information to the forefront and great to have definitive information as there are many of us interested. I guess I'm a doubting Thomas though, in that unless I see a bottle or pic, I'm not thoroughly convinced that it exists. My bad.

So here is what I believe exists, from actually seeing - again, only Canada dated Coke, which is the subject of this thread.

1931 is the earliest I've seen in the picture mentioned above which shows that it has all four digits/numbers, i.e. the starting '19' on the bottom. I have seen a similar 1934 and 1935. Is it fair to assume that a 1932 and 1933 actually do exist.?. Anyone ever seen or have a pic of a 1932 or 1933 Canada dated?

The above explains in detail the reason for my original post. I realize RCO, that they might be a little pricey, but would still be willing to try to buy and/or trade to get any dated pre-1934 Canada Coke bottle.

Starting in ‘36, the bottles that I have seen changed - to have only the last two digits/numbers of the year on the bottom. Further, the ‘36 must have been a mold change as the indentations on the ribs are no longer smooth, but rather have the indent. This is the same as the US 1923 patent mold change described in Bill Lockhart and Bill Porter’s pdf from the link provided by SODAPOPBOB in a branch of cowseatmaize’s branch of Canadacan’s D19 post. This ‘indent’ continues each subsequent year.

I either have, or have seen seen the '36 bottle and every consecutive year later up to and including the '61 bottle. In conversation, with another collector, I was told that a '62 exists. Anyone ever seen or have a pic of a ’62 or later Canada Coke dated?

Another interesting observation unique to Canada, is that the '48 bottle, and every year after has 'Coca-Cola Ltd.' written on it, as opposed to 'The Cola-Cola Company of Canada Limited' on all dated bottles earlier than '48.

Again, all of the above is referring to Canada dated Coca-Cola bottles only. Also, it does not address various mold numbers. As Bill Porter says in his book '4th edition Coke Bottle Checklist, which unfortunately does not address Canadian bottles, “only a crazy person would attempt to collect every bottle”, but I sure would love to find or buy a Coca-Cola Canada dated pre 1934! Any for sale?

Cheers!

Canadacan

Reaction score
Well that's the thing until you see it it's hard to believe....A contact of mine confirms the 1932...and yes I said it was possible that that 1931 could have been a mold #...but I am probably wrong. In answering :"Is it fair to assume that a 1932 and 1933 actually do exist.?. Anyone ever seen or have a pic of a 1932 or 1933 Canada dated?"... yes and yes.
keep in mind that 31 is on a Consumers glass bottle, so I have no idea if a Dominion glass example exists with a 31 on it.

"Another interesting observation unique to Canada, is that the '48 bottle, and every year after has 'Coca-Cola Ltd.' written on it, as opposed to 'The Cola-Cola Company of Canada Limited' on all dated bottles earlier than '48."
I have a 1944 with Ltd. on it

I don't have a 1962..I do have 61,64,68,70,72,73-2variations,75

RCO

Reaction score
I'm not an expert on coca cola bottles , more tend to find them when looking for other bottles , the 5 bottles in the picture I all found swimming except for one of far left I found it along a dirt road under some leaves . there all from 30's-40's coca cola of Canada ltd, 2 only have D diamond on bottom , one is from 36 , one is 42 , and one too hard to read either 36 or 46 but personally think its 36 .
also found a lot from this time period broken , haven't really kept track of all the years on the broken ones , I don't recall seeing early 30's ones although I have found a few from 30's broken but usually later 30's and some that would of been from 20's broken as well

P6200003.jpg

Canadacan

Reaction score
I thought I had the 44 in my collection...I do not, but it is noted on my check list.

RCO

Reaction score
I thought I had the 44 in my collection...I do not, but it is noted on my check list.

have found a few 44 before , know there is some in he garage in boxes but all were coca cola of Canada . haven't seen any just ltd for that year

Canadacan

Reaction score
RCO it's possible I have my info crossed on that 44 as being Ltd. ....I do have the 48 and 49 recorded as Ltd, now I need to see the 45,46,47

lamlancer this is what I have recorded for the 60's-70's 6oz/6.5oz, some of the bottles they are very interesting with the variation....I don't have my 64 pictured as it is buried somewhere! ..lol
Pretty positive the first 6oz ACL was in 1957 as I have it in a 10oz bottle...1957 was also the last year for embossed.

1961, 1968, 1970, 1973, 1973, 1975
20160620_212346.jpg

20160620_212433.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora