Canada Dated Coca-Cola

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

lamlancer

Reaction score
Nice ACL pics Canadacan! Yes, very interesting.
You mention seeing the '45,'46,'47 - here is my attempt at uploading pics as well as a pic of the '48 change.
So it still appears that indeed the '48 bottle, and every year after has 'Coca-Cola Ltd.' written on it, as opposed to 'The Cola-Cola Company of Canada Limited' on all dated bottles earlier than '48.
Also, here are pics of Canada bottles that are embossed and dated '58 through '61.
If anyone would like any of these or perhaps another year(s) of, again, Canada dated (obviously the earlier the year the tougher/rarer), I would be happy to see if I can find and try to work something out. As mentioned in previous posts I am looking for Canada dated prior to 1934, or the Canada dated embossed '62 which I have been told exists.

View attachment 172802

Cheers!

Canadacan

Reaction score
Thank You, no I said I have not seen the '45,'46,'47..... ahh darn your pic did not load. Well I did not know the embossed carried on till 61...I figured there was for sure '57-'58 available in ACL and embossed...good to know!
I need to revamp my hand written check list to provide space to check of the bottles I observe that are Dominion or Consumers, and space to check off those years that the bottle comes in both ACL and embossed.

lamlancer

Reaction score
post.jpg

I attempted to upload the pics again.
Observations/question about the ACL bottles. Are any of them actually dated somewhere on the bottle? Also, I notice that the only ACL bottle which is 6 FL OZS is the one with the 'Coca-Cola' script on both sides. Interesting that the increase to 6 1/2 oz seems to have occured the same year as the introduction of the shortform 'Coke'.

Cheers!

Canadacan

Reaction score
Oh perfect well I marked those 'limited' years on my checklist. I guess the last year for Ltd. embossed is 1961....so that year comes in both, embossed and ACL.... the same may be true for 1948 that it comes in Limited and we know for sure Ltd.
A funny thing today...I was at the swap meet and picked up a embossed Coca-Cola and it happened to be a 1960 Ltd...now in my collection! ..lol
What year did they switch to 6.5 oz with short form 'Coke?... the earliest I have is my '64....so was it '62, '63 or '64?.......strange it took so long to introduce 'Coke' on bottles considering it was first used on six pack cartons in 1941 but I guess they had the bottle molds in use and did not want to pay to re patent the wording on the bottle and make new molds.

You mentioned :I notice that the only ACL bottle which is 6 FL OZS is the one with the 'Coca-Cola' script on both sides. ....well that may true?..... but what's on the '62?...or '63?

So yes the ACL's are all dated on the bottom here is my '61 and '64.... the '64 is marked 6.5oz with 'Coke' on the obverse.

20160626_150306 (2).jpg 20160626_150326 (2).jpg

lamlancer

Reaction score
Snap! I had no idea that the ACL changed to only 1 number/ digit so did not realize that the number was actually the year! I thought it was just bottle manufacturer stuff. So I looked closer at the ACLs that I have and was surprised to see the following all in 6 1/2 oz (number is really faint on some) :

8 (the number is smaller than the others)

Also I was shocked to find that I also have in two digits/numbers in ACL:

both 62's are 6 oz only and Coca-Cola script both sides - no 'Coke', and as well have 'REGESTERED' not abbreviated.

BTW. Would love to see a '48 Limited' and to know for sure if it comes in both.

Never heard of a swap meet? Where and how often is this held?

Amazing how much is determined when collaborating. Thanks.

Cheers!

Canadacan

Reaction score
Yes there is so much detail in the bottles, I suppose the fact that your '62 is a double # could be a glass plant variation... Most of mine are from Redcliff Alberta plant. With Coke bottles we are able to determine if a 1 is '61 or '71 by what is on the ACL...same with the other #'s. Swap meet = flea market.....I call them swap meet :)... We Have them every Sunday.... I go to one closet in Abbotsford BC most often, and sometimes go to one in Cloverdale BC, but that one is a 45 min drive.

RCO

Reaction score
found a 61 Canadian coca cola bottle when swimming the other day , its the embossed version , 61 kind of hard to read but looks like it was made by consumers glass a c triangle on base

RCO

Reaction score
just pulled 2 30's coca cola's out of the lake yesterday , one is from 34 , has 34 at top , large 2 and large d in a diamond . other is much harder to read but appears to be a 36 . that bottle not Is as good condition , much wear , some chips and rust on bottle still . the 34 is in very good condition .

P7090001.jpgP7090002.jpg

Canadacan

Reaction score
Hey cool RCO!....I hope to eventually get some of theses earlier dated ones.

RCO

Reaction score
i find a couple other coca cola bottles last night , you won't even believe what I pulled out of the lake , pictures coming soon

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi